cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Swift OLED PG48UQ on display looks curved

phatmonkey
Level 9
Hi there, got a strange problem with the on screen display, the image looks curved, I have cleaned Nvidia drivers with DDU, using DP connection, also tried the HDMI still same, any ideas?
Cheers
Ryan
Windows 11 | Rog Maximus Z690 Hero | i9-14900K | Corsair Vengeance DDR5 4800mhz 64GB | MSI 4090 SUPRIM X | Apollo x16 | Quantum 2626 | ASUS ROG Swift OLED PG48UQ | H150i RGB Pro XT | AX1200i | Dark Core Pro SE | K100 RGB

4 REPLIES 4

xeromist
Can you post a picture of what you are seeing? This is only for the OSD? Is this a new unit that has been this way since your purchase or a new issue that started sometime later?
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
Can you post a picture of what you are seeing? This is only for the OSD? Is this a new unit that has been this way since your purchase or a new issue that started sometime later?

Hi there, yes this is a new unit, its as if the screen is curving inwards like a ball, after some googling some claim this is an illusion, but I am not so sure, I have been using a curved monitor for years but that curved outwards and this one is not curved, could my brain be creating the illusion? lol I have attached a photo....

Windows 11 | Rog Maximus Z690 Hero | i9-14900K | Corsair Vengeance DDR5 4800mhz 64GB | MSI 4090 SUPRIM X | Apollo x16 | Quantum 2626 | ASUS ROG Swift OLED PG48UQ | H150i RGB Pro XT | AX1200i | Dark Core Pro SE | K100 RGB

xeromist
I thought you were referring to the monitor's built-in menus, but you mean just anything on the screen? Well, easy enough to check. Just grab a known straight edge like a ruler or even a sheet of paper and hold it up to the monitor. If the edge meets all the way across then you know it's straight/flat.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

D3rd
Level 7

Hi. I’m having the same issue and thought I was crazy. Did you find a solution?