cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

POST code CC - OEM BDS initialization codes

Perrorist
Level 7
With my new build I'm getting as far as this POST code before it stops, but I haven't a clue what OEM BDS is referring to. The monitor isn't showing a connection, so I can't get into the BIOS. Anyone have any idea what might be at fault?
9 REPLIES 9

RedSector73
Level 12
http://www.asusqcodes.com/index.php?inputCode=CC

Qcode CC - Invalid CMOS jumper setting code

Hope you find this of help.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Clear CMOS and try a single stick of RAM in recommended slot

Arne Saknussemm wrote:
Clear CMOS and try a single stick of RAM in recommended slot

I noticed a small yellow LED under the POST code readout, but had no idea what it meant. I've finally found the answer in the HERO manual - it's the DRAM. I'll try the single stick approach.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Yeah..try one stick at a time in recommended slot...CC has been memory related when I've been playing with that platform...memory settings or bad memory

I updated the BIOS, cleared CMOS, and pulled all the sticks, save for A2. The system booted and went straight to the BIOS screen. I added a second stick, and was still good. I could have tried adding the other two, but decided to install Windows first. I'll try them tomorrow.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40

I'll have to settle for two sticks. The problem is the CoolerMaster MA410M cooler is impinging on the first slot. I installed the four sticks before installing the cooler, and I saw that the screw heads were pressing against the first stick, making it bend just a fraction, not enough I thought for it to be an issue. But it obviously is, because I'm unable to fit it back in because of the said screw heads.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Is that the fan screws?....maybe you could remove the bottom ones just keep top ones?

That seems a bit risky. If I'd known in advance, I'd have bought a narrower cooler, but there's no way I'm changing it now!