cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with addressable LED header

Hello

I got a strange problem with the addressable LED header. I double-check it and this is correctly connected (data, V+, N).

The problem is really simple RED and Green composition are switched.

And I don't find any way how to calibrate it like for RGB (4 pin) header where I can switch colors in software.

Everything is working properly only this one addressable led strip lights on my machine with*different*colors like the rest of the devices. I think there should be some easy software solution.

Maybe some additional line in*%ProgramFiles(x86)%\LightingService\LastProfile.xml

Forward thanks for any help!

Best regards
Michael*
6 REPLIES 6

DjRavix
Level 10
Michael Hýža wrote:
Hello

I got a strange problem with the addressable LED header. I double-check it and this is correctly connected (data, V+, N).

And I don't find any way how to calibrate it like for RGB (4 pin) header where I can switch colors in software.

Everything is working properly only this one addressable led strip lights on my machine with*different*colors like the rest of the devices. I think there should be some easy software solution.

Maybe some additional line in*%ProgramFiles(x86)%\LightingService\LastProfile.xml

Best regards
Michael*

Here are some things that might help diagnose the problem

If you have any other ARGB Headers try using one of those to see if the problem is actually the addressable led strip that seems to have a problem

Also Try connecting an Other ARGB Device to the header to see if this device also shows the "Wrong" Colors

I would also recommend to provide some information about the addressable led strip you are using like the brand and model

Normally these kind of strips do not need to be calibrated as they are controlled with a digital signal
this can be an issue with the Header but its also possible that there is a defect in the strip itself
That's why I recommend testing it on an other header and using other devices on the header that has the issue
ASUS Maximus 13 Extreme
Intel i9 11900K
Corsair Dominater Platinum RGB
Phanteks Enthoo Primo
Samsung 980 Pro 1TB
2 X Samsung 980 Pro 2TB
Corsair AX1200I
EK-Velocity D-RGB - Nickel + Plexi
EK-XTOP Revo Dual D5 PWM Serial - (incl. 2x pump)
XSPC RX480 + XSPC RS280
4 X Corsair SP120 PWM OEM Fans
2 X Noctua NF-A14 industrialPPC-2000 IP67 PWM
2 X Noctua NF-A14 PWM chromax.black.swap
2 X Noctua NF-S12A PWM chromax.black.swap
1 X Noctua NF-A15 HS-PWM chromax.black.swap

I'm using just an ordinary addressable led strip from Aliexpress. I have more of it at home because I use it for some lightning with Arduino chips. They are cheap and usually work quite well. Its probably this one:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2036819167.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.200b4d42t4biQz&algo_pvid=n...

It can be problem in strip but as clear it can be solve via easy software fix.

Nevertheless, I already order for this new daughter's PC better LED strip. It should come in next 2-3 weeks.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002607602811.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.4a014c4dCHO7Vf

On Saturday I will month some new components to this PC so I will try also other addressable LED strips that I have around to see if the problem is with the header or with the strip. Mobo is ASUS TUF GAMING B550M-PLUS (WI-FI).

But generally, this should not be a big problem to solve in software the same way as is current calibration for 4pin RGBV LED strips...

So I would like to ask the developers of Aura if there is any chance to make this calibration in LastProfile.xml or on any other place.

Michael Hýža wrote:
I'm using just an ordinary addressable led strip from Aliexpress. I have more of it at home because I use it for some lightning with Arduino chips. They are cheap and usually work quite well. Its probably this one:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2036819167.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.200b4d42t4biQz&algo_pvid=n...

It can be problem in strip but as clear it can be solve via easy software fix.

Nevertheless, I already order for this new daughter's PC better LED strip. It should come in next 2-3 weeks.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002607602811.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.4a014c4dCHO7Vf

On Saturday I will month some new components to this PC so I will try also other addressable LED strips that I have around to see if the problem is with the header or with the strip. Mobo is ASUS TUF GAMING B550M-PLUS (WI-FI).

But generally, this should not be a big problem to solve in software the same way as is current calibration for 4pin RGBV LED strips...

So I would like to ask the developers of Aura if there is any chance to make this calibration in LastProfile.xml or on any other place.

There is no calibration option for ARGB strips only for RGB as those have individual wires per Color

Please note that the links you provide are both not listed as "Aura Compatible"
However the Second strip actually seems to be using WS2812B and that should probably work
(On the first one it is not clear as it lists different Strips)
There might always be a compatibility issue of some kind with different strips
Especially when they are not listed as "Aura Compatible"

I see that the board only has one ARGB Header so there is unfortunately no way to say for sure if there is an issue with the board or if its the led strip itself
ASUS Maximus 13 Extreme
Intel i9 11900K
Phanteks Enthoo Primo
Samsung 980 Pro 1TB
2 X Samsung 980 Pro 2TB
Corsair AX1200I
XSPC RX480 + XSPC RS280

Today I made the test with different WS2812B LED strips and the result are the same. So I'm not sure if the problem is not in the motherboard. I will wait for the ordered LED strip and I will see if this one will get the same problem. Not so happy about this make claim will take some time and also all work around to remove all components and send the board to the seller :(. The worst is I know for this problem can be made software solution :(. But probably nobody from asus support is reading this forum.

Michael Hýža;834325 wrote:
Today I made the test with different WS2812B LED strips and the result are the same. So I'm not sure if the problem is not in the motherboard. I will wait for the ordered LED strip and I will see if this one will get the same problem. Not so happy about this make claim will take some time and also all work around to remove all components and send the board to the seller :(. The worst is I know for this problem can be made software solution :(. But probably nobody from asus support is reading this forum.

You can actually make it work properly with Aura Creator if you like (Since your board only has one ARGB Header)
The only thing you will need to do is set the Swap the Color amount numbers between Green and Red on the settings for the ARGB strip
but Aura Creator also has a lot of issues with 3rd Party devices (Not to forget no support to control each header)
and I am also not sure if the normal RGB headers will be affected by the settings
but its at least a short therm solution to the problem

Also Contacting Asus support about this issue directly might also help ... since they might be able to provide a fix without A RMA
(Might also be a Firmware issue)
ASUS Maximus 13 Extreme
Intel i9 11900K
Phanteks Enthoo Primo
Samsung 980 Pro 1TB
2 X Samsung 980 Pro 2TB
Corsair AX1200I
XSPC RX480 + XSPC RS280

LiQuidM3tH
Level 7
Michael Hýža wrote:
Hello

Best regards
Michael*

hey u cant do it in this screen in Armory crate anymore? i don't have any 12v strips anymore just argb ones ATM so I cant test it but I thought u could on this screen or used to be able to?