cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot control individual RAM & Mobo LEDs

Codyksp1
Level 7
Since the old Asus Aura is end of life and I'm supposed to now use the crappy Armoury Crate, I gave it a shot today...
Both my motherboard and RAM sticks are detected but I have no way at all to control the individual LEDs on them.

With the old Aura I could set a color for each RAM LED and for the PCH and I/O on my motherboard, why is this functionality gone?
Below is how my RGB was set up with the old software and what I clearly should be able to do with Aura Creator as well.
Am I missing some kind of magic setting or doing something wrong? The software won't even see them as separate layers.

5 REPLIES 5

Nate152
Hi Codyksp1

I was playing with Aura Creator myself and couldn't do anything with my motherboard, come to find out you need a Z370 or X570 motherboard.

Aura sync is found in Armoury Crate, I can sync my motherboard with my mouse, change colors and do effects.

I'm on a Z270 motherboard.

https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1042459/

Nate152 wrote:
Hi Codyksp1

I was playing with Aura Creator myself and couldn't do anything with my motherboard, come to find out you need a Z370 or X570 motherboard.

Aura sync is found in Armoury Crate, I can sync my motherboard with my mouse, change colors and do effects.

I'm on a Z270 motherboard.

https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1042459/

I'm aware of how Aura Creator works and where it is. I can set a color for the entire motherboard or the entire RAM stick.
What I want to be able to do is set each area/LED individually and it won't let me do that. I have an X370 motherboard.

Obviously I am not going to buy a new motherboard just because ASUS removed a feature from their software.
So, if this issue cannot be fixed and won't be added to an update, I will remove Armoury Crate & Aura Creator.

The old ASUS Aura Sync (1.07.84) actually worked perfectly fine!

Codyksp1
Level 7
So just FYI, after having had Armoury Crate and Aura Creator installed my system was littered with files and services.
Fully uninstalling these 2 programs took a lot of time, as the uninstaller does NOT properly clean up after itself.

Then once I installed Aura Sync (standalone) my DRAM was no longer being recognized at all..
I spent hours on the issue and finally solved it by installing version 1.06.17. Then my DRAM showed up again.

The below is all I want, a simple "By Area" configuration of my motherboard and DRAM LEDs.
No 100 AAC modules (that don't uninstall themselves btw) and no 10 services, just simple software.

ASUS should be utterly ashamed of themselves for not being able to add this simple option to Armoury Crate/Aura Creator.
Even more so since they had the option available in Aura Sync previously and have discontinued that software.

Nate152

Nate152 wrote:
Thank you for your feedback codyksp1.

Hello!! We need to control different argb headers separatelly in aura creator.... When its gona be implemented?? It was already in aura sync and with armoury crap we cant do it???? What kind of crap software is this? How can we lose features with something that should be more powerfull and better?? Each day armoury crate is more full of useless things....

Please we need more control in aura creator for argb header 1, header 2.......

Regards and sorry if i did use bad words, but myself as a computer and software ingeener i cant understand, well i do.... crappy software is what i see