cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble Reinstalling Sonic Studio III

Don414
Level 7
Hello,

First time posting here, so please excuse my inexperience.

My motherboard is an ROG STRIX B360-F GAMING

I recently ran into some issues with Sonic Studio 3 and was going to do the old uninstall-reinstall of drivers to get it working again. However, every time I tried installing SS3, I would get an error saying "Installation could not proceed: the audio driver should be installed first". Despite installing the driver BEFORE SS3 every single time I tried this, I would continue getting this error.

So, I decided to turn to ASUS support and see what they had to say about installing SS3. But I once again ran into issues, specifically with this guide: https://www.asus.com/us/support/FAQ/1037019
Nowhere on the ASUS website can I find the downloads for "Nahimic Component Driver" or for Sonic Studio.

At a total loss for how to install this stupid Sonic Studio 3, I come crawling in desperation to the forum. Any assistance at all would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you 🙂
7 REPLIES 7

MoKiChU
Level 40
Hi,

You need Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG/PRIME/TUF) from my UAD drivers thread. Follow scrupulously your INSTALL process with cleanup step, for the next drivers packages that I would release, you will can directly follow the UPDATE process.

Note (in order to choose correctly the install/update process to use) : You have a ASUS ROG SS3 motherboard.

MoKiChU wrote:
Hi,

You need Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG/PRIME/TUF) from my UAD drivers thread. Follow scrupulously your INSTALL process with cleanup step, for the next drivers packages that I would release, you will can directly follow the UPDATE process.

Note (in order to choose correctly the install/update process to use) : You have a ASUS ROG SS3 motherboard.

Hi MoKiChu,

Thank you for the swift response. I made sure to follow your tutorial perfectly by first deleting the drivers I already had installed, restarting, and then downloading and running the install.cmd for the ASUS ROG SS3 driver in your drivers pack. My computer almost instantly restarted, as the tutorial said.

However, when I manually installed SS3 following your link to the Windows store, it tells me "The current system is not supported, or the audio driver has not been properly installed".

I looked through my applications and couldn't find anything Realtek in there, so I am led to believe that it failed to install. I also tried the link to the manual install link for the driver, ran that, had my computer restart, and tried installing SS3 once more--only to get the same error.

Any ideas what's wrong here?

Don414 wrote:
Any ideas what's wrong here?

Do you use Windows 10 64 bit 1903/19H1/18362.x or more recent ?

MoKiChU wrote:
Do you use Windows 10 64 bit 1903/19H1/18362.x or more recent ?

I have Win10 64 bit version "1903 (OS Build 18362.778)"

Don414 wrote:
I have Win10 64 bit version "1903 (OS Build 18362.778)"

It's weird, yet you meet the requirements.

Anyway, try to switch to HDA drivers by doing this :

Download the Realtek Audio Drivers (HDA - ASUS ROG SSx) from my HDA drivers thread.
Follow scrupulously the INSTALL process (with cleanup step) of ASUS ROG SS1/SS2 motherboards category but with latest SS3 apps :

Latest SS3 v3.6.45.60920 Apps : Sonic Studio 3 | Sonic Radar 3.

MoKiChU wrote:
It's weird, yet you meet the requirements.

Anyway, try to switch to HDA drivers by doing this :

Download the Realtek Audio Drivers (HDA - ASUS ROG SSx) from my HDA drivers thread.
Follow scrupulously the INSTALL process (with cleanup step) of ASUS ROG SS1/SS2 motherboards category but with latest SS3 apps :

Latest SS3 v3.6.45.60920 Apps : Sonic Studio 3 | Sonic Radar 3.

Just finished trying this. I installed the drivers from your link and restarted my computer. When I tried install the SS3 you linked, I got the same "Installation could not proceed: the audio driver should be installed first" error as before.

An interesting note is every time I install these drivers, it says it will continue the installation after my computer has restarted. But when I'm back after the restart, nothing else seems to happen. Idk if that's a possible issue or not, just an observation. Realtek is in my applications, so I guess that means it works?

Regardless, it still won't let me install SS3 for whatever reason :mad:

sehlat
Level 10
Funny, I ran into something similar. I went though the process of uninstalling any old Realtek drivers and checking for remainders using the Driver Store software. I also made sure the Realtek Audio Console was uninstalled too (didn't work anyway). There weren't any leftovers after uninstalling the old Realtek drivers, but I checked anyway as per the instructions. There was no SS3 installation on my system to begin with, so no dealing with that. FYI, my mobo is the Rampage VI Extreme Omega. Then I downloaded and ran the .cmd for the new driver from MoKiChU's link. That installed, finished and rebooted and sure enough, there was the Realtek driver in the Device Manager AND in the sound listings. Then I got the Realtek Audio Console from MS's store courtesy of his link and installed that. All worked fine this time whereas before I got the error that it wasn't supported for this machine. Now it even shows up in the Control Panel under large icons like it should. I then charged ahead and downloaded and installed Sonic from the MS store. Well, when I tried to open that up after the install, I got the "driver needs to be installed first" warning like you did. I thought, crap. I got this far and no luck, oh well.... But then I decided to just try a reboot without doing anything else first to see what happens. Sure enough, once the comp was rebooted, Sonic finally opened and worked! Yay!