cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sonic Studio 3 Clash with Windows 11

JimmyH
Level 10
There seems to be a problem Sonic Studios which causes Windows 11 to crash.

https://appuals.com/windows-11-freezes-crashes-randomly/

The link above gives reasons for the freeze, Sonic Studio 3 seemed the only possible so I uninstalled it and use DTS now and since then I have zero freeze issues.

The freeze 95% of the time happened in Screen Saver mode, it froze and the only solution was a hard reset.
9 REPLIES 9

Silverymoon
Level 7
Sonic Studio 3 does not work for me at all and causes problems in windows 11. Uninstalling is the only course of action.

Nate152
Hello

I'm using Sonic Studio 3 with windows 11, I got it with the Realtek audio driver from the ASUS Support Center.

I'm having no issues.

It works partly for me. In 7.1 mode, both side left channel and side right play only out of the left speaker. Headphones don't work at all. If I press down using the volume button to switch, the LEDs just start circling back and forth. Funny I deleted the studio suite last night and reinstalled. Then I installed Peace eq. Everything was working fine, even the 2 channel to 7.1 upscaling through Peace. Today I boot up and it's crap again. Tried reinstalling again and now it does not help. I'm thinking the net framework update broke everything. I need to try the Realtek option. Any link you can post?

Found this from Tech Support: At present, the following ASUS sound card models are still available for sale, we expect to release new windows 11 drivers one by one from the end of February 2022 to fix this issue. It is recommended that users do not update to Windows 11firstly, or use speaker for audio output firstly.

Back to using my Corsair headset stand at least til March.

spatula75
Level 7
JimmyH wrote:
There seems to be a problem Sonic Studios which causes Windows 11 to crash.

https://appuals.com/windows-11-freezes-crashes-randomly/

The link above gives reasons for the freeze, Sonic Studio 3 seemed the only possible so I uninstalled it and use DTS now and since then I have zero freeze issues.

The freeze 95% of the time happened in Screen Saver mode, it froze and the only solution was a hard reset.

So glad I found this, because I've been experiencing Windows 11 Pro hangs myself, and they started shortly after I installed Sonic Studio 3, according to the reliability monitor. I've uninstalled it now, and as an added precaution, I've uninstalled the Sonic Studio device and removed its driver. Fingers crossed that this solves the problem.

The symptoms were similar in my case; for me, it would always happen in the wee hours of the morning, every 3-5 days, while the screen was blank. No crash dumps, no BSOD, no errors in the event log, just a total lock-up/hang of the OS. I had to forcibly shut down each time.

Having to reinstall sometimes especially after a Win 11 update. It will only show stereo mode available. Using ver 1.1.2. Still waiting for an official driver for my Strix Raid DLX so the studio software will work. Drive got pushed back until May, but it's now May Asus???

Sorry for the wait, updated drivers rolling out starting August.

MhzManiac wrote:
Having to reinstall sometimes especially after a Win 11 update. It will only show stereo mode available. Using ver 1.1.2. Still waiting for an official driver for my Strix Raid DLX so the studio software will work. Drive got pushed back until May, but it's now May Asus???

Squall_Leonhart
Level 8
sonic studio is unstable trash and should be purged from all systems along with its Nahimic dependency,

asus has been aware of the fact the nahimic component causes graphical corruption and crashes in games and has done nothing to add a way to disable the OSD.

Squall Leonhart wrote:
sonic studio is unstable trash and should be purged from all systems along with its Nahimic dependency,

asus has been aware of the fact the nahimic component causes graphical corruption and crashes in games and has done nothing to add a way to disable the OSD.

Yeah, I had to uninstall it after some stability issues. I've tied it several times because I love the idea of it. Does anyone know of an alternative that actually works? My favorite parts are the 2.0 to 5.1 upscaling (what's the point in having all these speakers if the program doesn't output to them?), and the ability to adjust the balance and volumes of individual speakers. Also being able to easily direct programs to different outputs has been useful on occasion.

I really wish Asus paid a bit more attention to the software side of things. Also, why can't we download Sonic Studio separately? For my board, X-570-E Gaming, the only way to download I've found is with a driver that is at least two versions old. I mean, this board wasn't exactly cheap, and it's not that old. There should still be some support for it.

joseph_lai
Level 7
same story!!!!!!!!
uninstall it and problem solved.
yes, win11........

It don't have uninstall button in control panel......... it is nuts.........
have to uninstall it manually.... and I don't know why it install in my PC without any confirmation.
It come with Asus supplied Realtek sound driver .........