cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Strix z270g + firmware 1501 + AsUpIo.sys = BSOD

TimRex
Level 7
So, after a little forums searching, I guess it's no huge secret that AsUpIo.sys can be the cause of some BSOD issues for some...

I've had an entirely stable system on firmware 1301 for a couple years now... ROG Strix Z270G
Yesterday I upgraded to the newer 1501 (beta).

Almost immediately, I'm getting BSOD's with DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION stop codes.

Driver Verifier mode is able to reproduce the issue, and points the finger firmly at AsUpIo.sys with a DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION stop code. Much the same as various others have reported from this driver.

Looking further, running EZ Update after the firmware was installed did detect a newly available Intel(R) Rapid Storage Technology driver (15.2.0.1020)
This wasn't detected prior to the upgrade, and.. interestingly enough I've not had any further issues since installing the new RST driver.

Maybe I just got lucky? It's early days yet, but so far so good.

In any case... I fully expect Driver Verifier mode will continue to report issues with AsUpIo.sys as it does for others.
It just might be time to retire AI Suite 3 from my system entirely. For the record, it's the latest v3.00.13

UPDATE: Uninstalled AI Suite 3 and all is well. Driver Verifier mode reports no further issues.
Incidentally, I never had the RST driver installed previously. I think this was entirely unrelated and have since removed again.
2 REPLIES 2

I_G_SYME
Level 7
TimRex wrote:
So, after a little forums searching, I guess it's no huge secret that AsUpIo.sys can be the cause of some BSOD issues for some...

I've had an entirely stable system on firmware 1301 for a couple years now... ROG Strix Z270G
Yesterday I upgraded to the newer 1501 (beta).

Almost immediately, I'm getting BSOD's with DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION stop codes.

Driver Verifier mode is able to reproduce the issue, and points the finger firmly at AsUpIo.sys with a DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION stop code. Much the same as various others have reported from this driver.

Looking further, running EZ Update after the firmware was installed did detect a newly available Intel(R) Rapid Storage Technology driver (15.2.0.1020)
This wasn't detected prior to the upgrade, and.. interestingly enough I've not had any further issues since installing the new RST driver.

Maybe I just got lucky? It's early days yet, but so far so good.

In any case... I fully expect Driver Verifier mode will continue to report issues with AsUpIo.sys as it does for others.
It just might be time to retire AI Suite 3 from my system entirely. For the record, it's the latest v3.00.13

UPDATE: Uninstalled AI Suite 3 and all is well. Driver Verifier mode reports no further issues.
Incidentally, I never had the RST driver installed previously. I think this was entirely unrelated and have since removed again.

I have been waiting for Bios ver. 1501 to move from Beta to normal update but I suspect it is never going to move out of Beta ..... I was interested in moving to Win 11 and handing this old PC on to a neighbour you see. Are you on Win 11 with this BIOS?

WAG12
Level 7
I just updated to the 1501 BIOS on my Asus Strix Z270E motherboard and ran the PC Health Checkup. It still says I can't install Windows 11 because my i5 7600 CPU is unsupported. I thought the 1501 BIOS was suppose to add support for Windows 11. Is there any CPU that I can use with this motherboard that is supported for Windows 11?