cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not funny anymore (Nahimic "virus")

erixx11
Level 11
Hi,

the same again. A big Windows update this week (in my case Fast Ring Insider 19628.1)

After the update (just in case: I have Armoury Crate disabled in my latest BIOS, Maximus XI Extreme)
on first boot a sympathic ASUS message: "In order to use your ASUS Headphone proceed to install some file" (out of my head).

Well I do not have and never have had an ASUS Headphone. And I have disabled the onboard soundcard of the mobo. So I say NO to this message, obviously.

Some time later I discover this:

Not funny anymore because this Nahimic rubbish keeps installing itself since I bought my Asus products (keyboard and mobo) over a year ago. About time to polish the BUGS!!!
This is unacceptable sirs of ASUS. You cannot just load my computer with more and more rubbish.

Not to mention, I also "received" for free ("for nothing") PATRIOT and GALAX RGB etc installations, I also do not own, but at least these only sit in my Control panel, and do not load stuff. I have never seen such dirty installations. As an example, Logitech also includes drivers for all their products in their driver package, include, but not INSTALL as programs or services!!!!

Ah, and finally the CLAYMORE KEYBOARD is still (after year) listed as a MOUSE in Device Manager.
2 REPLIES 2

Bobby_Gray
Level 7
erixx11 wrote:
Hi,

the same again. A big Windows update this week (in my case Fast Ring Insider 19628.1)

After the update (just in case: I have Armoury Crate disabled in my latest BIOS, Maximus XI Extreme)
on first boot a sympathic ASUS message: "In order to use your ASUS Headphone proceed to install some file" (out of my head).

Well I do not have and never have had an ASUS Headphone. And I have disabled the onboard soundcard of the mobo. So I say NO to this message, obviously.

Some time later I discover this:

Not funny anymore because this Nahimic rubbish keeps installing itself since I bought my Asus products (keyboard and mobo) over a year ago. About time to polish the BUGS!!!
This is unacceptable sirs of ASUS. You cannot just load my computer with more and more rubbish.

Not to mention, I also "received" for free ("for nothing") PATRIOT and GALAX RGB etc installations, I also do not own, but at least these only sit in my Control panel, and do not load stuff. I have never seen such dirty installations. As an example, Logitech also includes drivers for all their products in their driver package, include, but not INSTALL as programs or services!!!!

Ah, and finally the CLAYMORE KEYBOARD is still (after year) listed as a MOUSE in Device Manager.

Because nahimic is a part of your PC so it will keep reinstalling in every Windows update. It's not a virus or malware, just an audio support software

Bobby Gray wrote:
Because nahimic is a part of your PC so it will keep reinstalling in every Windows update. It's not a virus or malware, just an audio support software

But it's important to note, Nahamic SHOULD BE optional. Its only job is to provide what Asus considers 'enhancements' to audio such as Sonic Studio. The plain Realtek drivers, without Nahamic or A-Volute do a good job without Nahamic's and A-voluate's malware (they act as malware in that they are not required for
core functionality and are almost impossible to remove).
AMD Ryzen R9 5900X
ASUS ROG Strix B550-E (the worst motherboard I've owned in 25 years)
Corsair H150i Pro XT 360mm
32GB Corsair VENGEANGE LPX 3600MHz CL18
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW Hybrid w/ 280mm radiator
M.2 WD 1TB SN550 | 2 * WD Blue 1TB SATA | 2 * Toshiba N300 8TB | 400TB on a 48-bay Supermicro server
Corsair RM850X
Fractal Meshify 2
Microsoft Windows 11 Pro