cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More or better music effects in aura

Wrothbog
Level 7
So i finally got my aura software install to recognise the trident RGB memory so i could stop it's default lightshow.

and now i finally have music effects that work within aura on my crosshair VI. who knew the motherboard slacks off and lets the memory modules do all the pretty effects? sadly the one thing i was most looking forward too is the the one effect missing

graphic equaliser, the closest thing aura offers is the "hip hop" setting which makes the crosshair leds pulse to the music , and the memory modules do something like an equaliser. but an actual equaliser would be great. especially if each module represented a different frequency range.

for the interim i'll stick to enjoying the "hiphop" setting which ironically works best with dance stuff since it works best with a strong beat and less vocals
5 REPLIES 5

CalcProgrammer1
Level 8
I'm in the process of figuring out how the Aura software talks to the Aura chip so I can make my own application, as I have a music visualizer app that syncs across all my other RGB peripherals. I and some others on GitHub have just figured out the majority of the interface over the weekend and I have a bit of demo code that works on Linux. Theoretically once the interface is figured out, doing a spectrograph style effect on multiple bar displays (like the Trident Z RAM) will be fairly straightforward. A 4x5 grid is decent enough for a spectrograph and you can do a sideways one as well for 5 bars.

CalcProgrammer1 wrote:
I'm in the process of figuring out how the Aura software talks to the Aura chip so I can make my own application, as I have a music visualizer app that syncs across all my other RGB peripherals. I and some others on GitHub have just figured out the majority of the interface over the weekend and I have a bit of demo code that works on Linux. Theoretically once the interface is figured out, doing a spectrograph style effect on multiple bar displays (like the Trident Z RAM) will be fairly straightforward. A 4x5 grid is decent enough for a spectrograph and you can do a sideways one as well for 5 bars.

Wow that's some interesting stuff, it would be awesome if you could share this info with the rest of the community once you get it fully tested and working.

Bahz
Level 12
For the AURA music effects it'll be something that we'll keep working on to offer more customizable options, for now it's still quite early stage and we need all the feedback we can gather to work on the features that everyone wants.

MrAgapiGC
Level 13
after 12 weeks, i will agree with most. the aura app need a refresh on the music area. For example, the music is connected to the music program, for example grove or WMP. if the volume is to high the lights will not do very well the effect. Also a good idea is to have independent control con led strips on the music app. BUT.... is working well. I am a rocker. so it fantastic to get AC/DC Thunderstruck on a tuesday morning at 90%. I think... the police will be here soon!.
Learn, Play Enjoy!

Here's the discussion thread:

https://github.com/CalcProgrammer1/KeyboardVisualizer/issues/85

It gets pretty technical and right now we have nothing end-user ready, but I do have a demo of my Arduino driven case LED strips synchronized with my Aura board and RGB RAM:

https://gfycat.com/AnxiousWellgroomedBufflehead

At the moment I don't know the setup codes to send, only the color update codes, so I have to boot Windows to let the official app set up the devices into music mode, then reboot into Linux and run my testing app.

How's this for an effect:

https://gfycat.com/FirstBruisedHoneybadger