cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set lighting per device on Armoury Crate

andre_ss6
Level 8
Hi,

With the old Aura Sync I could set different colors for my RAM, Addressable RGB Strip and Motherboard. Now, with Armoury Crate, I can only set one effect/color for them all. If I uncheck the RAM and RGB strip on "Sync devices", they just stop being controlled by the Motherboard.
11 REPLIES 11

Jimbo93
Level 12
andre_ss6 wrote:
Hi,

With the old Aura Sync I could set different colors for my RAM, Addressable RGB Strip and Motherboard. Now, with Armoury Crate, I can only set one effect/color for them all. If I uncheck the RAM and RGB strip on "Sync devices", they just stop being controlled by the Motherboard.

I just unsynced a K1 keyboard and M3 mouse from the motherboard and set them to different basic patterns. Works fine. Version 4.2.12 with updates released today. If you haven't gotten any updates today, try shutting off the firewall temporarily and checking for updates.

Jimbo93 wrote:
I just unsynced a K1 keyboard and M3 mouse from the motherboard and set them to different basic patterns. Works fine. Version 4.2.12 with updates released today. If you haven't gotten any updates today, try shutting off the firewall temporarily and checking for updates.

Thanks for the reply!

How did you do it? Mine doesn't show anything other than the mobo under Devices, and under Aura Sync I can only either set them to be synced or not, but not control each individually.

The mouse and keyboard have their own device page in armoury crate, so it was easy. Those and the motherboard are the three device pages in mine. Which devices are you trying to set, the memory? I am going to quickly get out of my depth if so.

I thought about the problem you are having. You might have a software conflict. Between some older version pieces and Armoury Crate. Wait and see if someone else who has lighted memory can provide more info.

andre_ss6 wrote:
How did you do it? Mine doesn't show anything other than the mobo under Devices, and under Aura Sync I can only either set them to be synced or not, but not control each individually.

Don't listen to those saying you might have a software conflict, that is NOT true.

The truth is that when Asus forced us to move from the Win32 AuraSync to Armory Crate to support the new 3xxx GPUs, etc, they didn't even bother to implement the BASIC functionality that existed in AuraSync.

AuraSync was bad enough because, despite YEARS in development, it didn't even allow you to assign different **effects** to different devices, like Corsair iCue does without trouble, for instance. At least it did allow you to assign different solid colors to different devices/motherboard zones/RGB headers, etc..

Armory Crate doesn't even allow that. For instance, my motherboard (an Asus Maximus XI Formula) has different zones that I could set different colors to in AuraSync, now it's all handled in block. All or nothing. It has two ARGB headers and two RGB headers that I could previously control individually, now I cannot do that either - what is the point of giving us multiple headers and then not letting us control those headers individually?!

Likewise for my TridentZ RAM: in AuraSync I could at least set solid colors for each of the leds, now it's ALL the same effect and color AS ALL THE OTHER DEVICES or no RGB/rainbow puke.

I had to throw away a perfectly good ASUS led strip and replace it with a Corsair because at least iCue allows me not only to individually control each device as I can effortlessly set different EFFECTS per device.

I find it mind blowing how ASUS can make such good hardware only to completely ruin the experience with ABYSMAL software, that even manages to go BACKWARDS instead of forward in terms of functionality.

Now here is the kicker: SOME of the devices that show in the Aura page of Armory Crate actually have INDIVIDUAL configuration pages if you unsync them from the rest. In my system I have an entry for the motherboard (which sets the same effect/color for ALL motherboard zones and both RGB headers), another for my Gladius II mouse, another for my STRIX RTX 3090, another for Memory and finally another for Addressable LED Strip (which sets the same color/effect for BOTH ARGB headers in the motherboard).

Of those, only the Gladius and the Strix 3090 have individual configurations pages that I can set if I unsync them from the rest (their device squares in the Aura Sync page in Armoury Crate have a little white arrow at the bottom right corner). For ALL the others there is no individual control, they either display the same effect and color when synced, or rainbow puke/no RGB if I unsync them.

So it seems that for SOME devices Armory Crate DOES provide individual control, but not for others (which is why people are getting confused here). I would switch in a heartbeat to the old Win32 Aura Sync instead of this Armoury Crate UWP mess if ONLY it allowed me to set the RGB of my 3090 Strix!

ASUS promised me individual zone control when I bought this motherboard in 2019, barely two years ago, but now it seems it has left me - and others like me - out to dry.

As someone who runs his system 24/7, another thing that really, really, gets on my nerves are the CONSTANT updates of Armoury Crate that are not only FORCED onto the user if you want to actually use the application (and if it breaks something that was previously working right, as it happens often, though luck my friend) as they NEVER bring anything new in terms of RGB functionality (and many times they require me to restart my system, as it happened just now - when all I wanted to do was change ONE $""$!" color, aaaargh).

So yeah, it's not a software conflict, it's just bloatware that not only doesn't even offer BASIC functionality, as it forces you to install everything plus the kitchen sink just to control a bunch of colors (and can't even do that properly).

Ah, Asus, if ONLY you listened to your customers instead of pretending to do so!

I have one question JcRabbit. Have you ever gotten confirmation from asus that the functionality that existed was taken out or that is an assumption because yours doesnt work as advertised?

Jimbo93 wrote:
I have one question JcRabbit. Have you ever gotten confirmation from asus that the functionality that existed was taken out or that is an assumption because yours doesnt work as advertised?

Ah, you're trying to blame me and/or my system now, hehe?

Ok, here is an image from the very FIRST picture I saw on a Google image search displaying the Aura Sync page on Armoury Crate (as you can see it's not even my system, I have a Formula XI, not an Hero XI, and I don't have a Balteus).

See any white arrows for the motherboard? See any white arrows for the Addressable Header? No. You do not. That means you cannot control those individually like you can for the ROG Gladius II or the ROG Balteus in that image, for instance.

Need more proof?

JcRabbit wrote:
Ah, you're trying to blame me and/or my system now, hehe?

Ok, here is an image from the very FIRST picture I saw on a Google image search displaying the Aura Sync page on Armoury Crate (as you can see it's not even my system, I have a Formula XI, not an Hero XI, and I don't have a Balteus).

See any white arrows for the motherboard? See any white arrows for the Addressable Header? No. You do not. That means you cannot control those individually like you can for the ROG Gladius II or the ROG Balteus in that image, for instance.

Need more proof?

So what I would want if I had something that didnt seem to work is an actual answer about whether its supposed to work differently. Not guesswork.

Jimbo93 wrote:
So what I would want if I had something that didnt seem to work is an actual answer about whether its supposed to work differently. Not guesswork.

This is not guesswork. Do the search yourself - which is what I did when I noticed I couldn't do this things in Armoury Crate - and you will find plenty of similar images as well as plenty of posts from users complaining about the same thing. There's your answer, no guesswork involved. Heck, read the first post in this thread lol

I don't need to take a rocketship to space and see it with my own eyes to believe that the earth is NOT flat. There is plenty of evidence around for that.