cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

gputweak 2 issues..

aaronsta1
Level 7
so i got a rx 480 oc 8gb card.. and i am trying to get those extra fans working.. i guess the only way to do that is to use gpu tweak..

so uninstalled msi afterburner and installed gpu tweak v 1561 and plugged in my case fans into the gpu..

everything seems to be working just fine.. so i figured id try to clock the card up to where i had it before with msi afterburner..
i hit the OC button, and my card jumped up to 1400 MHZ.. the OC on my card should be 1330.. this is where i was running the card before in afterburner and is the clock speed i paid extra for.. the default is 1310.

so im like thats not right, i go into custom and i set 1330 where it should be, and now its stuck on 1400.. 😕

i hit the gaming button to put it back to default and it stays 1400..

now it seems to run ok at 1400.. altho it throttles a bunch unless i raise the power limit to 150..

hey at least the case fans turn on when i play games.. altho i dunno how to set their speed.. i only have one fan option in the ui and its the main fan.

im using the newest amd drivers.. 17.10.03

is this program broken?
4 REPLIES 4

toronto699
Level 13

toronto699 wrote:
yes there are some issues with GPU Tweak
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?97000-Asus-GPU-Tweak-2-Version-1-5-6-1-is-up

It seams that these is a huge issue. i got also problems with aura and gputweak and some other problems. we need to be address these like now. Asus please take notes drivers are miss behaving and is annoying that i have to make all apps restart and problems. please check these like now now.

please. the drivers are simple NOT WORKING. and windows is pushing their updates. please check main motherboard drivers and bios to be use with new windows or something. if not, i have to drop the boards. since the programs are not working
Learn, Play Enjoy!

JustinThyme
Level 13
While GPU tweak has some issues I dont think what you are seeing is part of it.
Uninstall both GPU tweak and afterburner, delete any orphaned folders they both leave behind folders and registry entries.
Download and run Ccleaner registry sweep and clean the orhpans out of the registry.
Reboot then install GPU Tweak then reboot again and you should be back to where you were.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

JustinThyme wrote:
While GPU tweak has some issues I dont think what you are seeing is part of it.
Uninstall both GPU tweak and afterburner, delete any orphaned folders they both leave behind folders and registry entries.
Download and run Ccleaner registry sweep and clean the orhpans out of the registry.
Reboot then install GPU Tweak then reboot again and you should be back to where you were.

how to get on the registry entry? thanks! also take notes that was happening also in a clean install.
Learn, Play Enjoy!