cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fan Expert 4 issues (bug?)

Riekopo
Level 9
Can someone please explain what the 4 options (Silent, Standard, Turbo, Full Speed) in Fan Expert actually do? When you click them nothing happens. And it doesn't seem like anything changes at all. I have a Crosshair VI Extreme motherboard and my fans are calibrated. I can't find any documentation for Fan Expert.

Also, I've run into a weird problem that seems like a design flaw of the motherboard or software. My case is a Corsair Air 540. I have two 140mm case fans in the front like a lot of people do. And they are plugged into the fan connectors called "Rad 1A Fan" and "Rad 1B Fan" on the top right of the mobo because those are what are on the motherboard. There is also a "Rad 1C Fan" and "Rad 1D Fan" right below them. There's only one fan connector on the motherboard called "Chassis Fan". And my one rear 140mm fan is connected to it.

When I run the Fan Expert calibration it identifies my two front fans as "Radiator Fan". And when I click it, it doesn't allow me to choose its location called "Fan Position" in the case. On every other fan you can choose the location in the case. So I don't know if my cooling is actually working right. This seems like a C6E BIOS or Fan Expert 4 software problem that needs to be addressed.

This is the latest version of AI Suite 3 which is 3.00.59. And the latest BIOS for my mobo which is 7704.

https://imgur.com/a/Zb1KjTH
0 REPLIES 0