cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't update FanExpert SDK

utomi
Level 7

Hi. I can't update FanXpert SDK bacause all i got is download, install then update button again with Red triangle. All of this after fresh Windows 11 install. I try and try again but nothing helps. Any suggestion ? And of course now i can't open the FanXpert device page because it is show the update but i can't update. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

SOLUTION FOR ERROR CODE 238 FANXPERT ARMOURY CRATE by LinkinForcer
1. Enter the folder C:\Program Files\ASUS\RLSDownload\FanXpert\... until you find the sdkSetup.exe file -> run it -> the installation will ask for a reset, ok -> Reset!
2. After booting Windows go to the same previous location and find the setup.exe file -> run it -> a brief window appears quickly and is gone!
3. Go back to the C:\Program Files\ASUS\RLSDownload\ folder and delete the <FanXpert> folder with everything inside it, done!
4. Open the AC -> go to the bottom left Settings icon -> go to the Update Center tab -> and click on the first top right button called “Search for Updates”, after that the AC will be looking for updates for a while and when finished FanXpert will disappear -> it's a greater joy to see it, and the best is yet to come -> you enter the menu -> Fan Xpert and FAN XPERT 4 opens as it always worked.

NOTE: "If for some reason this does not work. Make sure that armoury crate is open both times you run the sdksetuo and the setup after the restart. If that still doesn't work after checking for updates it should download the FanXpert folder again. Repeat the steps and it should work then. I just did a clean install and it did not work the first time around when I had armoury crate closed. Second time it worked with armoury crate open." (by LinkinForcer)

Cooler Master Silent Pro Hybrid 1300W ATX
Asus ROG Maximus Z690 Extreme
Intel Core i9-12.900k
ROG Ryujin 360
Corsair DDR5 Dominator Platinum RGB 2x32GB 5600Mhz
Samsung 980 PRO 2TB M.2 SSD (2x)
Seagate Firecuda 1TB
ROG RTX3080-O10G-Gaming
Monitor 1: ROG STRIX XG349C
Monitor 2: Samsung HDTV T27D590
ROG Claymore
ROG Spatha X
ROG Balteus Qi
Windows 11
😉

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Crasje
Level 12

There is a whole threat in here on how to solve that 🙂

Intel Core i9-12.900k
ROG Ryujin 360
Seagate Firecuda 1TB
ROG RTX3080-O10G-Gaming
ROG Claymore
ROG Spatha X
ROG Balteus Qi
Windows 11
😉

SOLUTION FOR ERROR CODE 238 FANXPERT ARMOURY CRATE by LinkinForcer
1. Enter the folder C:\Program Files\ASUS\RLSDownload\FanXpert\... until you find the sdkSetup.exe file -> run it -> the installation will ask for a reset, ok -> Reset!
2. After booting Windows go to the same previous location and find the setup.exe file -> run it -> a brief window appears quickly and is gone!
3. Go back to the C:\Program Files\ASUS\RLSDownload\ folder and delete the <FanXpert> folder with everything inside it, done!
4. Open the AC -> go to the bottom left Settings icon -> go to the Update Center tab -> and click on the first top right button called “Search for Updates”, after that the AC will be looking for updates for a while and when finished FanXpert will disappear -> it's a greater joy to see it, and the best is yet to come -> you enter the menu -> Fan Xpert and FAN XPERT 4 opens as it always worked.

NOTE: "If for some reason this does not work. Make sure that armoury crate is open both times you run the sdksetuo and the setup after the restart. If that still doesn't work after checking for updates it should download the FanXpert folder again. Repeat the steps and it should work then. I just did a clean install and it did not work the first time around when I had armoury crate closed. Second time it worked with armoury crate open." (by LinkinForcer)

Intel Core i9-12.900k
ROG Ryujin 360
Seagate Firecuda 1TB
ROG RTX3080-O10G-Gaming
ROG Claymore
ROG Spatha X
ROG Balteus Qi
Windows 11
😉

Worked for me.
Thanks for helping fixing it!

I have to reinstall my AC frequently, I have so many ROG devices and slowly 1 or 2 stop to work in AC. Usually within 1-2 days. Whenever I need something set, I reinstall again.

IF you reinstall, you will see that this SDK install error is back again.

Intel Core i9-12.900k
ROG Ryujin 360
Seagate Firecuda 1TB
ROG RTX3080-O10G-Gaming
ROG Claymore
ROG Spatha X
ROG Balteus Qi
Windows 11
😉

utomi
Level 7

Thx. You saved my life. It's works like a charm. 

3DG
Level 10

Well that, we are living a nightmare with all this! We need installers marked with version numbers and stating whether it's stable or in beta for download and installs over the internet! In the other post we already have more than 25 thousand views and if Asus hasn't done anything until now, that's the end!

gianluca81
Level 8

I've tried 2/3 times, because I did something wrong maybe... but when I did in the same letter way... it works!