cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

B550-I Ryzen 5800X: DtsApo4Service.exe crashes (Sonic Studio 3 effects not working)

fatalhalt
Level 9
Hello guys,

I have a following new build:

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
ROG Strix B550-I Gaming
Windows 10 20H2 (19042.630)

I have been fighting with trying to get Sonic Studio 3 effects working and the experience so far has been unbearable and painful.

- the audio doesn't work unless I check "Disable All Sound Effects" in Realtek Audio Console, but when I do this then I can't use Sonic Studio 3 effects...
- I have tried clean reinstalling Asus audio drivers without any luck, still can't get Sonic Studio 3 effects working
- I have tried clean installing MoKiChU's AUDIO_Realtek_UAD_ASUS_ROG_SS3-DTS_MB_v6.0.9047.1.7z which at least made my sound continue working without needing to "Disable All Sound Effects", but any changes made to EQ/effects in Sonic Studio 3 are taking any effect. While MoKiChU driver pack worked for a moment , soon I have been back to square one with sound not working again unless I check "Disable All Sound Effects"

I'm trying to understand if my problems are related to DTS APO4x not being fully functional (the DtsApo4Service.exe is unable to start). I know that Sonic Studio 3 depends on Nahimic service/driver, but is that true with DTS APO4x?

DtsApo4Service.exe crashes whenever Windows 10 starts, or whenever I try to manually start it:
Faulting application name: DtsApo4Service.exe, version: 1.3.3.0, time stamp: 0x5e4f3765
Faulting module name: dtscnt64.dll, version: 4.2.7.0, time stamp: 0x5ea9603d

or
The DtsApo4Service service terminated unexpectedly.

I have tried to manually start:
> cd C:\Windows\System32\DTS\PC\APO4x\
> DtsApo4Service.exe -console
it crashed and prints:
CPUBITS 0x3ff
AVX HIT

C:\Windows\System32\DTS\PC\APO4x>DtsApo4Service.exe -console
4: Running in console mode. Press enter to start.

4: Starting Rpc Server..
4: DtsApoService in OnStart
4: Press enter to stop the server and exit.

CPUBITS 0x3ff

AVX HIT

C:\Windows\System32\DTS\PC\APO4x>

Has anyone experienced crashing DtsApo4Service.exe? Could this be related to AVX instruction on Ryzen 7 5800X?
4 REPLIES 4

huppra
Level 7
I'm on not Ryzen but a 10900k with the Asus Maximus XII Hero /Wifi and have started having this error pop up as of today, which is 2 days after a complete clean install without this error. I've tried completely reinstalling the realtek drivers, uninstalling and even disabling it bios after removing the drivers and I'm still getting this error.

schaffino
Level 7
Same problem with a 10850k and Maximus XII Hero

MoKiChU
Level 40
Hi,

Cleanup your audio drivers with the latest drivers package to try to fix this issue with these latest DTS APO4x SWC/SWD drivers contained inside :

DTS APO4x Service SoftwareComponent Driver : 1.6.4.0 WHQL [08/10/2020]
DTS APO4x Core SoftwareComponent|SoftwareDevice Driver : 1.6.9.0 WHQL [11/12/2020]

You have an ASUS ROG SS3|DTS Sound Unbound motherboard, so :

You need Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3-DTS MB) from the first post of this thread : [DRIVERS] Realtek Audio (MB | Intel 2xx/3xx/4xx/5xx & AMD 3xx/4xx/5xx).

Follow scrupulously your CLEANUP process then your INSTALL process, for the next drivers packages that I would release, you will can directly follow your UPDATE process.

MoKiChU
Level 40
Hi,

Cleanup your audio drivers then install the latest drivers package.

You have an ASUS ROG SS3|DTS Sound Unbound motherboard, so :

You need Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3-DTS MB) from the first post of this thread : [DRIVERS] Realtek Audio (MB | Intel 2xx/3xx/4xx/5xx & AMD 3xx/4xx/5xx).

Follow scrupulously your CLEANUP process then your INSTALL process, for the next drivers packages that I would release, you will can directly follow your UPDATE process.