cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aura sync gradients are not even

kayson
Level 7
For some reason, the gradient pattern that Aura sends to RGB LEDs is uneven around the orange to purple transition. Notice in the picture how there's essentially a single red LED, and it jumps to purple on one side and orange on the other. If you look at a color wheel, this transition should be much slower, especially if you compare to the evenness of the green to orange transition on the left side of the image. If you look at other solutions, their gradients, and patterns in general, are much nice and much more even.

I'm tempted to use the built-in controller on my Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X because it looks so much nicer. Please fix this!
4 REPLIES 4

JustinThyme
Level 13
At least you got different colors!
I install AURA and it either crashes or I get all red regardless of settings.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

cant agree with you more,
I almost can not see the red gradient in rainbow mode

Abaidor
Level 9
I settled for a Static color and I am done with it since everything else works for some time only or use CPU (2-3%). Another issue is that I have to manually turn off the lights for the Trident Z ram modules to power off their leds while on sleep.

Now that Christmas is coming I might switch to Rainbow mode for the holidays since my little daughter likes it...lol
Asus Rampage VI Extreme | i9-7940X | 64GB Trident Z RGB 3600 | Asus Strix 1080Ti OC | Samsung 960 Pro 512GB | WD Gold 10TB | WD Red 4TB X 2 | PSU Corsair AX1500i | Custom Water Loop - RAD MO-RA3 420 Pro | EK Monoblock | Phanteks GPU Block | Heatkiller 200 Tube RES | EK Dual D5 Revo Pumps | 9 X Corsair ML 140 Pro Fans on RAD | | Bitspower Fittings Black Chrome | Cooler Master Cosmos 2 Modded Case | Silent WIngs 3 120mm Intake |

Korth
Level 14
An important piece of hardware is often missing from the ASUS packaging. But installing it correctly will fix a lot of common RGB color issues.
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]