cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aura 1.07.79 Not Picking Up Mobo, Strips etc...

Dicehunter
Level 10
Just installed the latest Aura 1.07.79 and the only thing it shows up is my ROG keyboard, The things that are not showing up are my Maximus XI Hero motherboard, ROG Spotlight and attached RGB header LED strip, I have uninstalled and reinstalled, Same problem each time, I've installed previous Aura versions and with those a separate problem arises, Each time the Service is apparently unavailable even though it is installed.

@asus - Any chance you guys could take a proper look at this stuff ? Your hardware is superb but your software is horrible and considering we NEED it to actually control the lights on the hardware it's not something that should be an after thought.

EDIT

Having asked around it seems that people, Including myself, Who have updated their ME driver to 12.0.49.1534 from the Asus Maximus XI Hero motherboard page under the Firmware download section which addresses several security issues, Are all getting these Aura issues, So maybe you guys can update Aura to be compatible with that update that you pushed out a few weeks back ?

5 REPLIES 5

hortons71
Level 7
I've noticed on my system that it is usually enough to stop lightning service and then restart the program for it to work. But sometimes it's not possible.
Sometimes the RGB setting for the motherboard has been disabled in the bios.
So check if RGB is always on in bios, save the bios setting and then start Aura in Windows. It works for me.

hortons71 wrote:
I've noticed on my system that it is usually enough to stop lightning service and then restart the program for it to work. But sometimes it's not possible.
Sometimes the RGB setting for the motherboard has been disabled in the bios.
So check if RGB is always on in bios, save the bios setting and then start Aura in Windows. It works for me.

Sadly doesn't work, It's a problem with the Intel firmware security update that Asus have for the Maximus line of motherboards, It's incompatible with Aura so nothing shows up.

Okay, but I use Aura 1.07.79 and security update12.0.49.1534 on my Maximus XI Gene without any problems.

Zammin
Level 9
I had some issues with the latest AURA as well, initially it wouldn't recognise one of my Trident Z RGB RAM sticks. I was on an older BIOS for my Maximus XI Formula and as soon as I updated to the latest BIOS is started working perfectly.

Only thing that is no longer working is LiveDash. It seems it no longer works with the newest AURA. From what I've read they've migrated that functionality to Armoury Crate, but I really don't want to install that software as I've read it's buggy and bloaty..

dfaovred
Level 10
Asus motherboard functionality has now been added to iCue. Given it's only for motherboard RGB control at this stage but it's a good start.

https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=192965