cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Armory Crate(LightingService) 50% CPU usage...

Nesall
Level 8
Hi, I come here to report an occurrence, which may be going unnoticed for those who use ...

Well, even if it's funny, the phrase: "RGB gives more FPS" ... What happens, of course, is just the opposite, we know that there is a CPU usage to process the effects of the lights ....

But what I draw attention here is how much it can and is affecting the performance of those using ASUS AURA Software ... More precisely, in its new version on the Microsoft Store, Armory Crate ...

Since the start of AURA Sync, the process has been based on the “LightingService” service that starts at Windows startup, even before logging in. In the beginning, this service used up 10% CPU on average with complex effects, as a reference in a hexacore, the i5 8400 ....

Earlier this week, after formatting my system, to upgrade to Windows build 1909, when installing Armory Crate, which is the recommended download from the motherboard support page .... LightingService is now consuming incredible 50% CPU... That's right, half the processing power dedicated to RGB effects ...

Armory Crate is known to be in beta and bugs are expected in such versions, but this was notable: Using half of what your processor can deliver ... to color your setup ... And that's not a specific problem with me ... “AURA Sync issues” is one of the ROG Forum's TOP Threads, as you can see here...

And detail: For those who have recently purchased an ASUS RGB motherboard, or already have one and want to upgrade or format the system, only the Armory Crate download is available on the mb's support page, the older applications that were more optimized had the links taken from the page.
0 REPLIES 0