cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need a fix for the infinite loading page on motherboard.

ATOdinson
Level 9
So, this has been an ongoing issue for me since the last time the motherboard model identifier was updated. I thought the newest armoury crate update fixed it, but sadly I was wrong. So here is the issue in detail:

After a clean install, using the uninstall tool then reinstalling, everything works as it should. I can access my motherboard options and everything works flawless. It continues to work flawless even through restarts. But, if I actually power the system down, the motherboard page becomes permanently inaccessible. I will either get the reload error message continually, or just an infinite loading page. Sometimes, I even get the reload error message shaded out in the background with the infinite loading over the top.

Motherboard model: ASUS ROG Strix Z690-E

12 REPLIES 12

Jimbo93
Level 12
Either some firmware needs an update or it’s some kind of stability/power issue I think.

Jimbo93 wrote:
Either some firmware needs an update or it’s some kind of stability/power issue I think.

All my bios and firmware are up to date as far as I can tell. I am not sure what kind of power problems I could be having. All components in the PC are pretty dang new.

Jimbo93
Level 12
So can you put your bios on defaults and reproduce the problem? Have you done any memory stability testing? I may not be able to reply for awhile

Jimbo93 wrote:
So can you put your bios on defaults and reproduce the problem? Have you done any memory stability testing? I may not be able to reply for awhile

Ill give it a try tonight.

Jimbo93 wrote:

Put bios back to default. RAM passed stability check. No change. Still cant access the motherboard page.

ATOdinson wrote:
Put bios back to default. RAM passed stability check. No change. Still cant access the motherboard page.

I suggest to leave bios on default for now and we need to do a few of these steps in my other recent post. Steps 1 thru 7 are not that difficult or time consuming relatively speaking. And they will help. Step 8 is really optional and I would say lets try skipping that one first.

Then at the bottom I talk about driver version versus Asus support page driver version. This is a great optimization step in my opinion but is kind of time consuming. It involves pausing windows updates so that all the system board drivers that were installed after windows setup can be removed, followed by installing the current versions from asus support page. Then we unpause windows updates and if it installs driver updates like to MEI or network devices we roll it back to the asus supplied version we installed. In that way you can match all the drivers to what Asus support has listed. The MEI driver is a little tricky. If windows updates installs an MEI over the Asus driver package, we have to roll back 2 or 3 connected drivers in addition to the main MEI device driver . So that can be a project for whoever wants to try it.

Try steps 1-7. Skip 3 if they are already default.

1) Use the uninstall tool to uninstall AC program
2) If you have AI Suite 3, uninstall it. Including running the AI Suite 3 cleaner
3) Restore bios UEFI default settings
4) Run the Windows update troubleshooter, Run the Microsoft store troubleshooter and restart the system
5) Check for windows updates
6) Reset the MIcrosoft Store App
7) Run System Maintenance (under control panel-Security and Maintenance)
😎 Consider resetting the firewall to defaults. Make sure you allow apps back through the firewall when you get the automatic firewall block notifications. Signing out of windows and then back in a few times will get the firewall blocks remedied. If you experience any firewall issue after the firewall reset and you did the signing out and in part too, we would identify any other programs to reinstall, and we would re-register Microsoft Store Apps with a powershell command.
9) Reinstall Armoury Crate

Optional Step before reinstalling. Review all driver versions and attempt to match all Asus support page driver versions.

One other optimization is to turn your windows power plan setting to high performance if it is not already.

Jimbo93
Level 12
This video I just made and uploaded to youtube will show some pretty good system latency measurements taken with LatencyMon. If you think your system is running optimally already then you can test it with this program. Lower latency is better of course. Video showing my system right now https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XknMlCFFXYA

ATOdinson
Level 9
My system is running really nice and snappy, but I will attempt all these steps and testing you suggested tonight and report back.

Hello, this isn't a problem with your Pc but a bug in armoury crate.
Many people, just like you and me, are facing this issue since the last update. Just wait for a new release that will fix the bug.