cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Motherboard Model Identifier update breaking armoury crate

ATOdinson
Level 9
Downloading the latest Model Identifier update for my motherboard causes my motherboard to no longer be regonized by armoury crate. This prevents me from using Fan Xpert, as well as many other issues.

I did a full clean reinstall of armoury crate thinking my install had bugged. Everything was working perfectly, right up to the point that I downloaded the model identifier update. The moment that installed, it broke in the same exact way.
17 REPLIES 17

Beaurgard
Level 7
Similar issue here with z690 Maximus Hero Eva. Also, i can no longer change my graphics card's (3090 Eva oc 24g) lighting any other way than thru Aura sync. On top of that, my Motherboards special features can't be accessed (rgb header/AI Microphone/speakers/RGB Calibrations) Seems like this one update broke it hard. Thought maybe it'd help to know you aren't alone friend.

Beaurgard wrote:
Similar issue here with z690 Maximus Hero Eva. Also, i can no longer change my graphics card's (3090 Eva oc 24g) lighting any other way than thru Aura sync. On top of that, my Motherboards special features can't be accessed (rgb header/AI Microphone/speakers/RGB Calibrations) Seems like this one update broke it hard. Thought maybe it'd help to know you aren't alone friend.

Good to know I am not the only one. Hopefully this means there will be a hotfix or something soon.

MrAgapiGC
Level 13
Just install the update

and all still there

Learn, Play Enjoy!

MrAgapiGC wrote:
Just install the update

and all still there

Armory crate update was already bugged that I could not access my motherboard (Infinite loading). So I just did this motherboard identifier update and now I can't see my motherboard on the device list anymore, even after a restart. My motherboard is an Crosshair VIII X570 Dark Hero.

So there is definitely something not working here for some motherboard/platform

PWN3D_ wrote:
Armory crate update was already bugged that I could not access my motherboard (Infinite loading). So I just did this motherboard identifier update and now I can't see my motherboard on the device list anymore, even after a restart. My motherboard is an Crosshair VIII X570 Dark Hero.

So there is definitely something not working here for some motherboard/platform

Its weird. Every once in a while my motherboard will reappear for a short time, and then vanish again a little later. When the mono does show up, its never right after booting up. It always takes several minutes.

ATOdinson
Level 9
Update, I have a second system with a different ROG motherboard. Updated it and the same exact thing happened. And like my primary system, the motherboard will reappear for a time if you wait long enough, but it will vanish again in time as well.

ATOdinson wrote:
Update, I have a second system with a different ROG motherboard. Updated it and the same exact thing happened. And like my primary system, the motherboard will reappear for a time if you wait long enough, but it will vanish again in time as well.

It does indeed reappeared after a while, but still can't access it (infinite loading in my case) meaning my Aura sync is stuck and I have no way to control it anymore. What a bummer this update is automatic with no way to revert to the previous version that, for the most part, was working fine.

Hello All,

in my case, deleting the content of directory "%LOCALAPPDATA%\Asus\Armoury Crate Service", then restarting "Asus AURA SYNC lighting service" (or rebooting) fixed all the issues (mother board not dected and non fan control).

regards,

jg-home wrote:
Hello All,

in my case, deleting the content of directory "%LOCALAPPDATA%\Asus\Armoury Crate Service", then restarting "Asus AURA SYNC lighting service" (or rebooting) fixed all the issues (mother board not dected and non fan control).

regards,

Thanks. I tried that but got no joy on both systems. Still just as broken as before 😞