cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Intruction] How to Fix Aura Wallpaper Freeze on Laptops

eXplo1der
Level 8
Hello everyone. Im from Russia and ssory for my english XD. I have Laptop ROG STRIX G513QM and after last update i had a problem with Aura Wallpaper (freeze after activate and close). I fix this and write my steps for you:
1. End "Aura Wallpaper Service" in Task Manager
2. Delete "Aura Wallpaper HTML" and "Aura Wallpaper Service" in Windows settings

3. Go to Content Center, click on Download Wallpaper and go to Update Center for Download Aura Wallpaper again

4. After download go to Task Manager and END "Aura Wallpaper Service"
5. Go to C:\Program Files\ASUS\Aura Wallpaper Service and run both exe files as administrator. If will appear error windows - just close.
6. Go to Armoury Crate - Content center - Aura Wallpaper - Click on your downloaded walpaper - Click Check Downloaded (the same actions in step 3)
7. If you see icons then everything is working. You can switch on Aura wallpapers, no freeze, all work 🙂

Thanks fo read 🙂
5 REPLIES 5

jbuscher
Level 7
Thank you,
Yes it works, but only one times.
At next start, the problem is always there again.

jbuscher wrote:
Thank you,
Yes it works, but only one times.
At next start, the problem is always there again.

Yes, i switch on my laptop and problem persists :mad: Think this is the key for developers to solve the problem.

PS: in Task scheduler i dont have Aura Wallpaper in ASUS folder!

eXplo1der wrote:
Yes, i switch on my laptop and problem persists :mad: Think this is the key for developers to solve the problem.

PS: in Task scheduler i dont have Aura Wallpaper in ASUS folder!

After Restart system do step 5. Go to C:\Program Files\ASUS\Aura Wallpaper Service and run both exe files as administrator. If will appear error windows - just close.
I check this - all work) But this is not a solution to the problem ;(

lokybou
Level 7
# Run As Administrator
# create a task run as admin on opening session windows
# powershell 7.2

Clear-Host

$pathProcessFirst = "C:\Program Files\ASUS\Aura Wallpaper Service\Aura Wallpaper Service.exe"
$pathProcessSecond = "C:\Program Files\ASUS\Aura Wallpaper Service\AuraWallpaperService.exe"

function StartAndGetProcess{
Start-Process -FilePath $pathProcessFirst -Confirm:$false
Start-Process - -FilePath $pathProcessSecond -Confirm:$false
Get-Process | where-Object {$_.ProcessName -eq "AuraWallpaperService"} | Stop-Process -Confirm:$false
}

$ProcessName = (Get-Process | where-Object {$_.ProcessName -eq "Aura Wallpaper Service"}).ProcessName
try{
if ([String]::IsNullOrEmpty($ProcessName)){
StartAndGetProcess
}else{
StartAndGetProcess
# for close the pop up window.
Get-Process | where-Object {$_.ProcessName -eq "AuraWallpaperService"} | Stop-Process -Confirm:$false
}
}catch{
Write-Host $_.exception.message;
}

Da-BOSS
Level 10
Just use Lively Wallpaper... much better 😄