cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone actually figured out how to install Armoury Crate?

SETXTyleryo
Level 7
My ROG Strix Flare was acting up like 6 months ago, so in troubleshooting that I uninstalled Armoury Crate. Sure enough, it seemed that was the issue and it worked fine after that.

However ever since then, I have been completely unable to install Armoury Crate ever since. Every single time I get the usual Error 101 or Error 102. I have read every post here, Reddit, and other sites throughout Google searches, and have not been able to find anything that helps.

The official uninstaller does nothing since it doesn't detect the program is installed. I've ended all services in task manager, then manually uninstalling every piece of Asus software on my computer. Then I've deleted every piece of Asus files from all my hard drives and have gone and wiped every applicable registry edit. I've given admin permissions, turned off my firewall and antivirus. Nothing has helped. It has been the same for both ArmouryCrateInstaller v3.0.11.0 when I started to the current v3.1.1.2

The only thing I seem to find works for people is installing the startup software for their Asus laptops and updating from there, however, this is just a custom PC and nothing of sorts exists.

The only real reason I want the software is to manage my RGB, and have found no replacements I am happy with. They all have their own issues like openRGB and iCUE not working with all my peripherals.

At this point, I've just lost almost all hope that this will ever get fixed. It seems like there are always posts here with the exact same issue that doesn't get resolved. So this is my last hail mary to see if anyone has a solution that actually works.
10 REPLIES 10

Jimbo93
Level 12
SETXTyleryo wrote:
My ROG Strix Flare was acting up like 6 months ago, so in troubleshooting that I uninstalled Armoury Crate. Sure enough, it seemed that was the issue and it worked fine after that.

However ever since then, I have been completely unable to install Armoury Crate ever since. Every single time I get the usual Error 101 or Error 102. I have read every post here, Reddit, and other sites throughout Google searches, and have not been able to find anything that helps.

snipped

I have certainly spent time trying to figure it out. You might have seen a thread I started on uninstalling it. But I don't remember seeing error 102 or any error message when I experienced the issues that my procedure fixed. My problem was that the Asus services I mention in the procedure were like hanging and restarting and then giving up. And AC would just hang basically. When AsusCertService and atkexcomSvc are installed but not running thats a problem. But if they and associated software are removed, well enough, then it will all get reinstalled along with Armoury Crate or AI Suite 3 and probably work as its a clean install. But there is no uninstaller for it. I call this software the ATK software. I put just about every suggestion into the procedure I could. For example I suggest re-installing drivers downloaded from Asus for the mb and also reinstalling graphics card driver. There are some other suggestions for getting the system ready for re-install. But your issue could be somewhat different. If someone with Asus could tell us what those error codes mean could be helpful. I want to bring your attention to the point that the ATK software is installed when you install AI Suite 3 too. So that might fix it as well, meaning you could install AC after.

Nate152
Hey Guys,

If it were me, I might start from scratch with a fresh windows install or a system recovery, could save time in the end.

Nate152 wrote:
Hey Guys,

If it were me, I might start from scratch with a fresh windows install or a system recovery, could save time in the end.

It a fine suggestion. But I still hate doing that. Now if I actually have a disc image that I know doesn't have the issue. Bam. No problem. That gets me back to where I want to be. For most people though, sure. Reset windows or re-install.

Also, check this thread. For when the Uninstall Tool misses removing devices. https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?123217-Here-comes-a-very-usefuel-tip-for-armoury-crate-rei...

Based on your description of what happened I'm guessing there is a broken software/hardware device in your case. Meaning you might be able to fix it from device manager, problem might be identifying it. Re-install mb drivers and cross your fingers that fixes it.

I agree with Nate152 for this case, especially if you have messed with the registry. At least give that a try before giving up. Many people try every single alternative EXCEPT doing a full reinstall of Windows, but in the end found that actually it would've been faster to reinstall in the first place to resolve the problem. Just sayin'

You can head over to this thread to report an issue, please remember to read the original post.
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?125522-Armoury-crate-v4-2-5-0-report-here-if-any-issues

On a separate note, I use the Flare for personal use until just recently because I like the position of the media controls and volume slider. Also, I created my own customized logo plate for it. I only had one issue earlier this year which was quickly resolved.

Nate152 wrote:
Hey Guys,

JimmyH
Level 10
I have a brand new system, brand new Windows 11 and Armory does not hold it's synch. If it comes out of sleep or screen saver, it drops the Mobo and GPU colours. I have given up.

pndiode
Level 11
Share the blame! No, I have not tried the AI overclocking in Armoury Crate nor did I have this problem.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/asus-armoury-crate-re-install-after-microsoft/...

Then I followed LoafyLemon advice and installed both X64 and X86 Microsoft Visual (C++) Studio 2015, 2017, 2019, and 2022 (all in one package, 2022??). I did not have the Armoury Crate error 504, but Armoury Crate and Aura Creator are now working. Just received a HAL and Device SDK (might have updated C++) update for the motherboard this morning. I hope ASUS can add by area in Aura Creator like it is in Aura Sync (RGB strip 1, RGB Strip 2, Back IO, PCH, etc). If it were not for the OLED animation in Armoury Crate I would go back to Aura Sync.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ASUS/comments/odzqkb/armory_crate_installation_faiiled/

Anyway, Armoury Crate and Aura Creator (not like I want it to) are working for me.

pndiode wrote:
Share the blame! No, I have not tried the AI overclocking in Armoury Crate nor did I have this problem.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/asus-armoury-crate-re-install-after-microsoft/...

Then I followed LoafyLemon advice and installed both X64 and X86 Microsoft Visual (C++) Studio 2015, 2017, 2019, and 2022 (all in one package, 2022??). I did not have the Armoury Crate error 504, but Armoury Crate and Aura Creator are now working. Just received a HAL and Device SDK (might have updated C++) update for the motherboard this morning. I hope ASUS can add by area in Aura Creator like it is in Aura Sync (RGB strip 1, RGB Strip 2, Back IO, PCH, etc). If it were not for the OLED animation in Armoury Crate I would go back to Aura Sync.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ASUS/comments/odzqkb/armory_crate_installation_faiiled/

Anyway, Armoury Crate and Aura Creator (not like I want it to) are working for me.

Excellent tip about the VC Libs. This could be a missing piece for folks. Sometimes one assumes that this stuff is automatically sorted, then we are reminded and we have to slap our foreheads.