cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus ROG Strix 3080 rainbow effect not working

IRideOnPonies
Level 7
Finally received my Asus 3080 Strix card and when I power it on, on the light bar it does the rainbow wave effect which is the effect I want but as soon as I sign into windows and armoury crate kicks in, the rainbow effect changes to color cycle mode. Its literally the same effect. I've tried changing it back to rainbow in the armoury crate aura sync settings but the rainbow RGB setting is literally the same as the color cycle. How do I fix this or Asus please fix? I've uninstalled armoury crate and tried that but that just makes the RGB breathing red.

Using Asus B550-A strix motherboard.
19 REPLIES 19

hamov_glir
Level 7
Same exact thing is happening to me. I have it set to Rainbow, but it's just cycling through individual colors. When I'm booting into Windows, the Rainbow effect is working as it should, but once Windows loads and Armoury Crate loads, it just starts cycling through colors. It's driving me crazy that my $900 video card's RGB can't even function properly. Anyone have a fix for this?

same, there are multiple topic for this probleme
nobody gives a **** and support is useless

So this is the only workaround I found. If you use an ASUS motherboard and have other devices synced using armory crate, you can unsync the GPU in the AURA Sync Tab (uncheck the box) and control the GPU separately via the device tab in armory crate. This is of course not ideal as now you cant snyc the GPU with other RGB devices and can't control it Aura creator for more advanced effects.
Regarding Aura Creator I also noticed that non of the "more complicated" effects really work, as I believe the Software recognizes the lightbar of the Strix GPU as one single LED. I really do hope they fix this soon but looking at the current state of RGB software they will probably only introduce more issues

Uninstall the software. Seriously. That was my solution. I couldn't get any of the lighting effects to work right when I tried it on my Strix 3090. All of the effects were the same, and none of the effects would ever display more than a single color at a time. I didnt care for the software at all. It felt clunky, and then when it didn't work I said screw it, uninstalled it, and now I have the default rainbow. Its fine I guess. I really wish though, with all the RGB people cram into everything, that there was good software to go along with it. Having a $2,000 card, with a big lightbar down the side, but no good software to contorl it kinda stinks.

Corsair in my opinion has the best RGB Solutions in the business right now. ICUE has become a really good app. They update it constantly and have put a lot of effort into it.

KMagic wrote:
Uninstall the software. Seriously. That was my solution. I couldn't get any of the lighting effects to work right when I tried it on my Strix 3090. All of the effects were the same, and none of the effects would ever display more than a single colour at a time. I didn't care for the software at all. It felt clunky, and then when it didn't work I said screw it, uninstalled it, and now I have the default rainbow. It's fine I guess. I really wish though, with all the RGB people cram into everything, that there was good software to go along with it. Having a $2,000 card, with a big lightbar down the side, but no good software to control it kinda stinks.

Corsair in my opinion has the best RGB Solutions in the business right now. ICUE has become a really good app. They update it constantly and have put a lot of effort into it.

Wait, does the rainbow effect work with iCue? Mine is stuck on colour cycle...

Zion_One-Eyed
Level 8

I don't know,everything works for me

Alexraptor
Level 7
I'm experiencing exactly the same thing on the Radeon RX 6800XT LC model. Lovely rainbow wave while the system post's, but as soon as the system loads its solid-color city. To top it off, the device page for it seems to be broken so i can't even control it that way. >.<

mochicat
Level 7
3090 is not even supported by asus aura. its a disaster why even have rgb

mochicat wrote:
3090 is not even supported by asus aura. its a disaster why even have rgb

LOL, indeed. Same with my 3090. Very expensive product with no support at all. It's been a few months since it stopped working with armoury crate.