cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

asus aura sync problem

Khaled_ElSaiad
Level 7
so i have asus rog x570 crosshair viii hero ,lian li galahad 360 aio ,2 cooler master argb fans and asus strix 3080ti gpu
now everything was normal until yesterday tried to boot the pc up and it's rainbow colors instead of the static blue that i choosed and it didn't load the blue until i logged in, if i restart the pc it works fine but cooled booting it and i see rainbow ,please note that only the mobo ,lian li 360 aio ,2 cooler master argb fans are suffering that effect the gpu is working fine so cooled booting is like this the gpu is blue and the rest is rainbow until logging in, i don't have any other lighting software installed and both the aio and the 2 fans are connected to the argb headers on the mobo ,i have the latest armoury create version and the latest mobo bios
things i tried
1.uninstall and reinstall asus armoury create
2.resting devices through armoury create
3.disable armoury create in bios and then re-enable it
4.reinstalled windows 10 didn't work
5.reflashed the bios didn't work
6.reflashed another bios version 4006 didn't work
7.reflashed the latest version 4201 didn't work
8.disabled windows 10 fast boot
9.disabled mobo fast boot
10.disconnect everything from the mobo ,removed the battery and power cable holding the power button for 5 seconds and then leaving the mobo for 30 minutes to discharge then re flashing bios version 4201 again then installing windows 10 note that there is no rgb devices are connected to the mobo only the mobo rgb is on and working after that test and fail didn't work either ,even the mobo rgb didn't light up the same color and effect after cold boot.
right now i have no idea what to do i have multiple systems installed cause of work and other things only one of them is windows 10 every time i cold boot my machine i have to go to windows 10 first then reboot to any other system this is not practical and i can't find any solution.
any ideas?
7 REPLIES 7

BlueDrako
Level 7
Are you using KASPERSKY security software?

BlueDrako wrote:
Are you using KASPERSKY security software?

i'm using Kaspersky Total Security 21.3 why?

Any update on your issue?
The pc I built for my sister is suffering from similar issue.
Maximus xiii hero.

All rgb/rgb+ (strips, aio fans, case fans, case LEDs) go into rainbow mode on boot up but after post, they all shut down except for the motherboard LEDs. I've tried everything, except for reinstalling windows.

Armoury crate/aura is not detecting anything connected to the rgb/+ pins either but they all turn on rainbow mode on boot..

Elvis7 wrote:
Any update on your issue?
The pc I built for my sister is suffering from similar issue.
Maximus xiii hero.

All rgb/rgb+ (strips, aio fans, case fans, case LEDs) go into rainbow mode on boot up but after post, they all shut down except for the motherboard LEDs. I've tried everything, except for reinstalling windows.

Armoury crate/aura is not detecting anything connected to the rgb/+ pins either but they all turn on rainbow mode on boot..

i got it fixed and working ,i have an idea about the cause of the problem but i can't say for sure that armoury crate was it but here is what i did
1.backup everything before you start just in case
2.remove armoury crate with asus uninstall tool which you can grab from here download use it and reboot
3.remove all files and folders remaining in the system including registry files which are a lot i removed them manually but you can use 3d party software if you know it will do the job after that reboot
4. download Aura Sync Utility form asus website note that you will need to download the standalone version which is shown in this pic

i found with help of reddit
5.download,extract and install LightingService first otherwise it won't work do that by installing AuraServiceSetup.exe
6.after installation is complete go back and run Setup.exe which can be found in the main folder
please note that after the installation and running aurasync it might not detect some of your hardware this is cause of asus decided to abandon the program and stick with armoury crate ,for me it didn't detect the gpu and the shutdown effect was on even if i turn it off from aurasync BUT the good news is there is an easy solution for that which is installing armoury crate
both the programs sharing the same folders so the gpu plugin that you need for aurasync to detect the gpu will be add automatically you can backup the plugin which you will find in C:\Program Files\ASUS\AacVGAHal and then remove armoury crate and continue with one program but if you like me having the shutdown effect on after turning it off from aurasync you'll have to keep armoury crate just to turn it off,you will not use armoury crate at all after that every time you need to change the lighting and effect use aurasync that's it BTW i don't use aura creator so i don't know about it

Okay, here it is. Any program, like Windows Game boost, or any other type of program meant to speed up your system by closing or ending background processes will stop any and all data between Asus (crate or aura) and all the devices. Unless you go in and reassign or stop those background services from being turned off, it they will just block the service again on next startups one: so get rid of those "speed up your system" programs. you don't need them. second is to uninstall and then reinstall the crate ect. ifn that doesn't work reinstall windows to reset all those permissions and then reload and run the crate/aura. whala!

Only issue I have right now is my G15 case isn't being seen, but that might be a wiring issue.

Cheers

can’t believe this worked, this shows how broken armoury crate is smh

cajudoido
Level 9