cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Armoury Crate Won't Install at ALL

Szubix
Level 7
After consistent (Error 501)'s, and doing every single fix recommended in FAQ to zero success... I was left with no choice but to just go without it. It's been a week and my ASUS ROG ZEPHYRUS G14 runs a lot smoother as a result. I only used the home screen to keep track of everything, and adjust fan speeds as needed. So I don't need all that extra fancy stuff. Here's to hoping a functional update is released soon.
9 REPLIES 9

Nate152
Hi Szubix,

Welcome to the ROG forum.

Did Armoury Crate come preinstalled on your laptop?

If you've uninstalled it, it might be better to do a system recovery, this should put everything back in order.

I had to do a factory reset on my laptop for a SEPERATE issue. It did re-install armoury crate... Though this wasn't what I intended. My laptop functions so much better without it. It actually has MORE issues now. It doesn't display the temperature where it's supposed to, and it sucks memory like a leech etc.. I will be finding alternatives. I hate armoury crate. All I want is to monitor my GPU, CPU, memory and storage stats, and control my fan speeds NOTHING MORE.

Jimbo93
Level 12
Maybe you need to send it in for warranty service? When you uninstall Armoury Crate are you trying to remove it in a way that is not an asus procedure? You only need to run the uninstall tool. If you are doing something else then that could be part of the problem.

Svan
Level 9
Asus should give us a full Armory Crate file installer and stop with their online installer who just stop everytime and pop-up an error (Windows 11 Home fresh install with all drivers) and fix Armory Crate uninstaller to delete the registry entries and clean correctly. So you don't need to do a fresh Windows install.

Svan wrote:
Asus should give us a full Armory Crate file installer and stop with their online installer who just stop everytime and pop-up an error (Windows 11 Home fresh install with all drivers) and fix Armory Crate uninstaller to delete the registry entries and clean correctly. So you don't need to do a fresh Windows install.

what does one thing have to do with another? How do you get from having an installer error to , oh, its because of stuff left in the registry? If you took steps to remove pieces of the program by your own method then no one can really advise you at that point.

If you really cannot get the installer to run on a fresh windows install then my suggestion is to put uefi bios on default settings and run memory stability tests first. If you still have problems, then I would check for other incompatible software you have installed. There is also a tool from asus to record a log during installation. I believe it is mentioned in the faq. If you were serious about getting this resolved it should be no big deal to record a log when you install and post it back in MasterC issues thread. In my experience they move quick on addressing your issue if you provide them what they need.Â*

Jimbo93 wrote:
what does one thing have to do with another? How do you get from having an installer error to , oh, its because of stuff left in the registry? If you took steps to remove pieces of the program by your own method then no one can really advise you at that point.

If you really cannot get the installer to run on a fresh windows install then my suggestion is to put uefi bios on default settings and run memory stability tests first. If you still have problems, then I would check for other incompatible software you have installed. There is also a tool from asus to record a log during installation. I believe it is mentioned in the faq. If you were serious about getting this resolved it should be no big deal to record a log when you install and post it back in MasterC issues thread. In my experience they move quick on addressing your issue if you provide them what they need.Â*

Where in the world you understand in my sentence that I did manual uninstall ? I posted my log thanx for the advice.

Jimbo93
Level 12
I only thought it was a possibility, hence the word “If”. But let me complement you on your attempt to get assistance by posting the install log. Excellent work.

sfargo01
Level 7

i have the same problem been trying for months to get this stupid app to work. unfortunately i had to upgrade OS TO WIN 11 PRO FOR WORK PUPOSES AND RECOVERY ISNT AN OPTION. I WOULD THINK ARMOURY CRATE WOULD BE AWZRE OF THIS PROBLEM MANY PEOPLE ARE FACING. THEY ARE EITHER UNAWARE OR LACK THE KNOWLEDGE IT WOULD TAKE TO FIX THERE SOFWARE. IVE TRIED THERE UNINSTALL TOOL AND IT FAILS TO COMPLETE ALSO . SO IM STUCK WITH A CRAPPY INSTALL AND IT HANGS WHEN I TRY TO SHUT DOWN. I HAVE TO TELL IT TO SHUT DOWN THIS IS THE SECOND TIME THIS HAS HAPPENED TO ME AND IT ALWAYS START WHEN I TRY TO USE THERE AMOURY CRATE DRIVER UPDATE TOOL. I THINK THEY JUST HAVE CRAPPY SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS.

THE ERROR HAPPENS WHEN TRYING TO INSTALL DRIVERS WITH THERE DRIVER UODATE TOOL IN ARMOURY CRATE. IT CRASHES THEN SOMETHING HANGS AND TRYS TO RESTART EVERY TIME YOU REBOOT. SOMETHING IN THE UPDATE SHOWS STILL RUNNING EVERY TIME YOU REBOOT YOUR COMPUTER. I WAS ABLE TO FIX ONCE BY TRYING APP UPDATE OVER AND OVER UNTIL IT COMPLETED BUT THIS TIME IT WOULD NOT WORK. THEN I TRIED TO UNINSTALLL WITH UNINSTALL TOOL BUT IT FAILED TO COMPLETE. THEN I TRIES REINSTALLING AND IT FAILS TO COMPLETE. SO EVERY TIME I SHUT DOWN IT SHOWS AN APP HANGING IN THE BACKGROUND AND IM 100% SURE IT STARTS WITH ARMOURY CRATE DRIVER UPDATE. MAYBE THIS INFO WILL HELP THE DEVELOPERS COME UP WITH A SOLUTION. ALTHOUGH IM DOUBTFULL THEY WILL DO ANYTHING.