cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Armoury Crate - Disable mainboard detection or AC functions

mcmarky
Level 8
Hey folks!

First of all, I installed Armoury Crate only because of my new headset ROG Delta S. It sounds very good and is very comfortable for my head. I am very satisfied with the Delta hardware part. That are the positive points.

But there are big problems using ArgusMonitor for fan speed control of my Z690 Hero with installed Armoury Crate. Armoury Crate also automatically installs its fan speed and monitoring features. Fan speed expert can be uninstalled in windows apps and the fanspeed service can be deactivated in msc services. That's good. But ArgusMonitor still interrupts with the message that the ASUS monitoring program can disturb the fan speed control. Using fan expert instead of ArgusMonitor is out of the question, because of the very fine tuned control by ArgusMonitor.

Also the Asus lightning service produces a load on the 12900k at idling although I didn't change anything in AC.

So, my question is if there is the possibility to disable the mainboard detection in Armoury Crate or if the device functions for mainboard can be disabled. Or is there any other app to configure and use the Delta features without AC.

Otherwise I have to send back the Delta which would be too bad. 😞 Please help me.
4 REPLIES 4

Jimbo93
Level 12
Hello mcmarky, 2 things would surprise me. First, that you could not have good fan control with the asus solution. (Caveat I do not know what is so special about Argus). And second, that you would ever be happy when both are installed no matter what workaround you try. Best solution for you imho, is to get the asus software setup and tune the fans and use smart mode so you can customize it. *Just my two cents.

mcmarky
Level 8
Hi Jimbo
Well, ArgusMonitor gives you very much more fan curve settings as Asus Fan Expert. E.g. you can configure six temperature sources with six different fan curves for each fan (-header). Also you can set hysteresis for each curve as you like. The individual fan parameters as fan start and stop percentage can be edit. The fan start parameters as percentage and start time can be set. The fan ramp up and slow down in percentage per second be chosen. Temperature source can be also an average temperature, e.g. average GPU-temp. of the last 10 seconds. Nearly all stuff is also integrated in the freeware tool Fan Control.
For me in detail I need that all case fans can be controlled by CPU and GPU temperatures with DIFFERENT fan curves and with real fan start and stop parameters. As you can see there is no escape from Argus for me.
There is no problem to use several programs for audio and fan control, I used Sonic Studio 3 for onboard sound or Soundblaster Command in the past too. There wasn't any problem to run together with ArgusMonitor as both audio apps don't observe the whole system as AC.
And why the hell puts Lighting-service middle load to the CPU ?

mcmarky wrote:
Hi Jimbo
Well, ArgusMonitor gives you very much more fan curve settings as Asus Fan Expert. E.g. you can configure six temperature sources with six different fan curves for each fan (-header). Also you can set hysteresis for each curve as you like. The individual fan parameters as fan start and stop percentage can be edit. The fan start parameters as percentage and start time can be set. The fan ramp up and slow down in percentage per second be chosen. Temperature source can be also an average temperature, e.g. average GPU-temp. of the last 10 seconds. Nearly all stuff is also integrated in the freeware tool Fan Control.
For me in detail I need that all case fans can be controlled by CPU and GPU temperatures with DIFFERENT fan curves and with real fan start and stop parameters. As you can see there is no escape from Argus for me.
There is no problem to use several programs for audio and fan control, I used Sonic Studio 3 for onboard sound or Soundblaster Command in the past too. There wasn't any problem to run together with ArgusMonitor as both audio apps don't observe the whole system as AC.
And why the hell puts Lighting-service middle load to the CPU ?

So in my Fan Xpert panel in AI Suite III (probably similar to what you see in Armoury Crate) I can select each fan, and draw whatever fan curve I want for each, reacting to any one of three sensors motherboard, CPU and GPU, or all three if I choose, and save as different profiles. As far as I know the profiles are unlimited. The spin up and spin down times are separately customizable. There is an auto stop whatever that is. What exactly is the limit for you? Seems this is not just about temperature control / fan speed control.

mcmarky
Level 8
In Argus you can customize for each fan six different curves reacting to six different temperature inputs - multiple controllers.
Example of my rear case fan - called SYSFAN.
Fan curve depending on CPU temp.
Fan curve depending on GPU temp.
Fan parameters which can be edited!
Several temp. input possibilities:

And then Asus Fan Xpert's auto tuning detects false fan parameters. E.g. for the lower front case fan min is set to 650rpm instead of possible 250rpm at idle. Only way here with AC or AI Suite is to edit the xml-file manually.

Coming back to main topic, is there a way to hack the Armoury Crate files to install/start only the necessary program part for the ROG Delta S?