cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Armoury Crate AIO Fan control issue

Snaptrap
Level 10
So you want product feedback? Okay.

Armoury Crate is trash! This useless pile of garbage code completely ruined my computer by failing to load fan settings with each boot. How many times do you expect the system to shutdown due to overheating before it's eventually damaged? HOW MANY????? Are you going to replace the damaged components? Probably not!!

The fact that this software is REQUIRED for the Hadooken line of AIO coolers, prevents me from using the BIOS instead. What's the point of having a fan controller inside the BIOS when the cooler still requires Armoury Crap to control the fans anyway? The cooler has no drivers outside of those provided within Amway Crate.

Considering the premium that comes with Republic Of Garbage hardware and software, I expect something that isn't beta to be controlling a critical component. When you pay $400 for an Anus Z490-i motherboard, $270 for an Asus KenScrewsRyujin 240 AIO cooler, $300 for a Thor 850w 80+ PSU, and $1200 for an Asus PG348Q monitor, you should expect these components to work together with little trouble. Nope! This is Asus after all and chances are that you're buying poorly tested product with lots of flashing lights! If you think this rant is unjustified, then that's part of the problem. Thanks for wasting my hard earned money!!
2 REPLIES 2

Silent84
Level 9
Snaptrap wrote:

Armoury Crate is trash! This useless pile of garbage code completely ruined my computer by failing to load fan settings with each boot. How many times do you expect the system to shutdown due to overheating before it's eventually damaged? HOW MANY????? Are you going to replace the damaged components? Probably not!!

The fact that this software is REQUIRED for the Hadooken line of AIO coolers, prevents me from using the BIOS instead. What's the point of having a fan controller inside the BIOS when the cooler still requires Armoury Crap to control the fans anyway? The cooler has no drivers outside of those provided within Amway Crate.

Considering the premium that comes with Republic Of Garbage hardware and software, I expect something that isn't beta to be controlling a critical component. When you pay $400 for an Anus Z490-i motherboard, $270 for an Asus KenScrewsRyujin 240 AIO cooler, $300 for a Thor 850w 80+ PSU, and $1200 for an Asus PG348Q monitor, you should expect these components to work together with little trouble. Nope! This is Asus after all and chances are that you're buying poorly tested product with lots of flashing lights! If you think this rant is unjustified, then that's part of the problem. Thanks for wasting my hard earned money!!

Yea man, i agree with you, all my experience with asus is bad, in the future i will try to stay way from this company!:mad:
GPU: Phantom GS 4080
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D
Asus Strix X670E-F
Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR5 6000MHz CL30(CMK32GX5M2B6000Z30)
Current resolution: 3440x1440 LG34GP950
Operating system: Windows 11 23H2

Kit1la
Level 7
Snaptrap wrote:

same boat as you asus x470-f mobo ryugin 360.. and to think i was gonna use this dark hero might sell just to not have to use ASUS