cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advertising/Offer Notification Pop-ups from AC 5.3.4.0

RogScott
Level 12
I updated to AC 5.3.4.0 a few days ago.

Immediately after that update, and multiple times per day since, AC is sending a Windows Notification "Get Adobe Creative Cloud with just a few clicks!". This is related to an offer on the "Redemption" tab of the "Featured" section in AC.

I realize I can turn off AC Notifications in Windows Settings, but that turns off ALL notifications from AC. I want to turn off the ADVERTISING / OFFERS but still allow any "functional" notifications AC might send (for example, I know I've gotten some kind of "low resources" notifications from AC in the past).

HOW DO I OPT OUT OF THIS SPAM ADVERTISING??
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Z690-E, i9-12900k, 2x16 DDR5, 980pro nvme x3, Ryujin-II 360, Strix Animate-II, Evga 3090 ftw3
5 REPLIES 5

xeromist
I'm not getting this one so I can't check, but there is a notification section in the User Center. Do you have something there that can be dismissed/deleted?
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
I'm not getting this one so I can't check, but there is a notification section in the User Center. Do you have something there that can be dismissed/deleted?

Nothing I can find. Looked all through settings and profile. When I go to the user center notifications you referenced, there are no notifications there.

What I am seeing is a notification sent by AC to the Windows Notification Center, and it refers to the Adobe Creative Cloud offer in the Redemption tab of the AC Featured section.

The first time it popped up, I hoped it was a one-time thing - but it happened again later in the day, and twice the next day. For now I turned off AC notifications in Windows settings, but I would like to be more granular so I do not miss some other non-spam notification from AC.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Z690-E, i9-12900k, 2x16 DDR5, 980pro nvme x3, Ryujin-II 360, Strix Animate-II, Evga 3090 ftw3

A follow-up... I turned notifications back on, and haven't seen anything from AC for a couple days now. So maybe the multiple notifications were an anomaly, or maybe it was fixed. Nobody else has reported the issue, so maybe just something with my install. I will follow-up again if it recurs.

Chinoka
Level 9
I've the same annoying spam pop-up after updating AC. I can't find a solution, so in the meantime I've disabled all notifications from AC.

PWN3D_
Level 9
I also had this notification after a clean install of windows 11/ Armoury crate and a new motherboard/CPU

I had this for maybe 5 or 6 reboot of my pc. I tried to redeem the offer in "Selection>Coupon" tab to make these notifcations stop but I was rewarded with a "Server Error" when pressed the redeem button

I believe I don't have this notifications since, but I just need futher testing and reboot just to be sure.