cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rx470 rog oc edition issue

Nyamph
Level 7
I have a RX470 OC edition and my memory is downclocking to 300Mhz in-game, from 1650 Mhz,

Any solution for that?
7 REPLIES 7

FuryA
Level 8
hi Nyamph
Just try installing new crimson edition and make sure Fan cooling set at 60%
does it happen downclocking to 300Mhz ?

FuryA@ASUS wrote:
hi Nyamph
Just try installing new crimson edition and make sure Fan cooling set at 60%
does it happen downclocking to 300Mhz ?

Yes, it's still downclocking to 300Mhz sometimes, causing the game to crash.

Nyamph wrote:
Yes, it's still downclocking to 300Mhz sometimes, causing the game to crash.

hi Nyamph

Can try more troubleshooting, e.g RX 470 ROG install other computer/platform
Does it same?

Chino
Level 15

This card really needs a BIOS update, on default settings this card is not using all of his power, I need to set +50 Power Limit on Afterburner to get 1250 Mhz Clock, and still, my memory clock auto-downclock to 300Mhz for some reason.

UPDATE: I manage to fix this with some tweaks on MSI Afterburner, now my card is running fine and i'm loving it!
I'm really waiting for that some ASUS Manager carry my feedback, and please, make a bios update for this card, it's self-throttling on stock conditions. I've google'd it and I found that not just me is seeing that.

Nyamph wrote:
This card really needs a BIOS update, on default settings this card is not using all of his power, I need to set +50 Power Limit on Afterburner to get 1250 Mhz Clock, and still, my memory clock auto-downclock to 300Mhz for some reason.

UPDATE: I manage to fix this with some tweaks on MSI Afterburner, now my card is running fine and i'm loving it!
I'm really waiting for that some ASUS Manager carry my feedback, and please, make a bios update for this card, it's self-throttling on stock conditions. I've google'd it and I found that not just me is seeing that.

HI Nyamph

It seems unusual, under normal circumstances You don't have to update the card BIOS manually,
suggestion is to take a RMA service to help and check Your card

Hi, could you tell me the exact settings you used to fix this issue. Thanks.

Nyamph wrote: