cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strix X670E-E keeps loosing bios settings

diul89
Level 8

Hello all,

just updated my pc with Strix X670E-E, 7800X3D and 32 GB Kingston (default profile running 4800MHZ).

Seems the system is running with no problem since a couple of weeks.

the only issue is that the BIOS (latest 1416) keeps erasing settings, stucking at "Press F1 to enter BIOS" message at startup. I initially thought it was because of "power loss" since the power during night is completely off thanks to smartplug automation. So I changet the onboard battery with a brand new Duracell CR2032, but the problem is still there. I found it is a BIOS settings erasing problem beacause once entered the BIOS time is not correct.

I'll give more tries on disabling smartplug automatic shutdown during night, but I should have already tested this.

Any tips? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I cannot disagree. Totally. The original battery was not even enough to light a small 3V led.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator

Hello,

have you tried using USB Flashback and flashing to 1416 again?

Does the behaviour occur if flashing back to the previous UEFI version?

13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Hello Silent_Score, after several days and several attempts the status is still the same: after going in power loss the BIOS get cleared. Also looked for a "clear cmos" jumper (had on previous ROG), but it is missing on this board.

Do not know what else to try. It os really annoying because after bios reset you have to be in front to the monitor in order to fix and go on with the boot. Very limiting for remote connection (ie steam link).

Changing bios battery did not work once again.

Any ideas or suggestion from anybody?

Hi,

The clear CMOS button is located on the rear IO as per manual, see below.

Silent_Scone_0-1688137639849.png

diul89
Level 8

I think we can close the thread with a load of shame on me. The bios battery out of the box was gone, but the 2nd and the 3rd (brand new) had a f***ing plastic adhesive I did not notice. It was also on the "hidden" side once installed.

Apologize for stealing your time.

No worries thanks for updating 

Wait a minute! How is it possible an expensive $500+ board to be shipped with a battery which is dead?! I think that the shame is on Asus in this case. And I say it as a person who for 20 years builds his PCs with motherboards only from Asus...

I cannot disagree. Totally. The original battery was not even enough to light a small 3V led.

kakugo
Level 7

I have the exact same problem, same MB and same BIOS version. Tomorrow I'll buy a new battery and see if it fixes it also for me. I also experienced the issue only after updating to 1416, but maybe it's just a coincidence.

If it turns out to be the battery in your case too, we should recommend a good supplier to ASUS. 😂