cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BIOS options explanations

Klemc
Level 9

Hello,

before installing Windows i'd like to set my BIOS like i want, for that i need to understand if i can disable some options.

The computer is offline, audio is jack 3.5, i don't use virtual machines, no RAID (but i have NVMe and SSD disks btw), i don't overclock except i will enable XMP profile (later, after OS's installed).

B650E-E Strix (bios 1406) / 7800X3D / 2x16 600-32 XMP /  4070ti / Freezer II 280 / Corsair 1000w /

//

Processor Aggregator Device = ?

Publish HII Resources = it's for RAID ?

IOMMU, PSS, NX, SVM = all those four are for virtualisation ????

USB Audio Controller = is it the MB audio that ouputs by the 3.5 jack too ?

//

Thanks

All or Nothing
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

PerpetualCycle
Level 13

I can answer a few:

Publish HII Resources  enables you to access the BIOS settings (nvram) names, values, and defualts through the OS with a program like scewin for instance. Nothing to do with RAID.

USB Audio controller - that is your MB audio. For some reason Asus chose to use a USB implementation of the audio hardware though it has nothing to do with your USB. 

IOMMU is IO Memory Map Unit. Puts a level of indirection for device i/o access instead of direct memory access.. Also can provide some memory protection.  It virtualizes device I/O memory.  It adversely affects performance if enabled.

ROG Hero XIII | 10900k @5.2 GHz | g.skill 2x32GB 4200 CL18 | ROG Strix 2070S | EK Nucleus 360 Dark | 6TB SSD/nvme, 16TB external HDD | 2x 1440p | Vanatoo speakers with Klipsch sub | Fractal Meshify 2 case

View solution in original post

AISuite does not need Publish HII

Cheers

ROG Hero XIII | 10900k @5.2 GHz | g.skill 2x32GB 4200 CL18 | ROG Strix 2070S | EK Nucleus 360 Dark | 6TB SSD/nvme, 16TB external HDD | 2x 1440p | Vanatoo speakers with Klipsch sub | Fractal Meshify 2 case

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Nate152

Hello Klemc

What you list is pretty much irrelevant when installing windows, the usb audio controller shouldn't affect the 3.5mm jacks as these use the Realtek audio driver. You can enable/disable the usb audio controller after installing windows.

Please proceed with the windows install, if you encounter any issues let me know.

Thank you.

Klemc
Level 9

My question... when i ask on internet about what means any of the BIOS's options... i'm answered: loook into your MB's manual, but my motherboard manual has not even one explanation about any BIOS option... only some motherboards look to have such COMPLETE manual as i leaned from different answers, BUT WHY ??

All or Nothing

Alan_J_T posted a manual with bios settings, this should help you.

If you still need further explanation, I'll suggest to research the settings you're unsure of.

Did you get windows installed?

PerpetualCycle
Level 13

I can answer a few:

Publish HII Resources  enables you to access the BIOS settings (nvram) names, values, and defualts through the OS with a program like scewin for instance. Nothing to do with RAID.

USB Audio controller - that is your MB audio. For some reason Asus chose to use a USB implementation of the audio hardware though it has nothing to do with your USB. 

IOMMU is IO Memory Map Unit. Puts a level of indirection for device i/o access instead of direct memory access.. Also can provide some memory protection.  It virtualizes device I/O memory.  It adversely affects performance if enabled.

Well thanks,

IOMMU was the important one, and yes i realised disabling USB audio disables all audio jack 3.5" too.

I tried AI Suite 3 today, not sure if it needs Publish HII Resources, i will see if i want it running the background tbh.

All or Nothing

AISuite does not need Publish HII

Cheers

Klemc
Level 9

Excellent, thans, i 'll read the manuall with attention...

All or Nothing

Klemc
Level 9

Well, i have 7800X3D and BIOS 1406, now BIOS's version(s) disappearred from MB's page, do B650E-E is lean to burn my X3D ?.. with 1406, i'd prefer wait another update like 1410+ when ready.

I disabled XMP (DOCP) (memory training annoyed me 😛 ) and CPU's not O/C at all.

https://rog.asus.com/fr/motherboards/rog-strix/rog-strix-b650e-e-gaming-wifi-model/helpdesk_bios/

All or Nothing