cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

B650-A GAMING WIFI BIOS 1222 Problem

KinqWolf
Level 8
hello friends, when I installed the BIOS 1222 update on the B650-A GAMING WIFI motherboard, when the installation was finished and the system was restarted, the black screen remained, the yellow warning led turned on and the system did not turn on. Anyone else having the same problem with this update?
4 REPLIES 4

FredFlint
Level 8
Hi, with my B650E-E, the yellow led stayed on for 1-2 minutes(maybe longer), I thought it had crashed but remembered its memory training so left it in the hope it would complete and boot and it did. It was the same on the first boot after I put it together. Maybe try and leave it longer so it can finish.

I actually had issues on B650M-A, B650-PLUS and also on my personal machine using X670-P mainboards on BIOS 1222.
Looks to me like memory compatibility is sometimes an issue. I have not been able to get the X670-P into a stable state using 4 sticks of G.Skill F5-6000J3038F16G (64GB total). BIOS version 0823 worked out of the box using EXPO-1 default settings but I was unable to find the correct settings to get any stable setup beyond DDR5-3600 defaults on BIOS 1222.

If you face the same configuration issues with your memory try a CMOS reset:

• Unplug power cord
  • Shorten the CMOS/RTC reset pin or press cmos reset button for 5-10 seconds
  • Re-connect power
  • enter EFI setup to re-do your configurationl
  • Remember you might run into an unstable system again using anything else than "auto" on the memory tuning - sticking to JEDEC timings

I did also have issues clearing CMOS settings until I noticed that a powered USB hub caused the reset to fail. So if the procedure fails I do recommend also to unplug any USB device before shorting the CLRTC pins to reset the settings.
If everything fails you might use BIOS flashback to revert to the previous version. I am back on 0823 now.

I revert after trying 1222. My issue was the "memory context restore" had to be enabled otherwise Windows would insta-crash. With 0821, this is not an issue so gives faster boot. I found no other advantages to 1222 (it did not solve the "crash when wake from sleep if iGPU is disabled" issue I have.

BradB111
Level 7
KinqWolf wrote:
hello friends, when I installed the BIOS 1222 update on the B650-A GAMING WIFI motherboard, when the installation was finished and the system was restarted, the black screen remained, the yellow warning led turned on and the system did not turn on. Anyone else having the same problem with this update?

I have the 7900X3D and Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz C30 paired with it and every so often it will refuse to boot with an orange light saying ram is at fault (It's not). Every time this happens the only way to resolve this is to:

• unplug.
  • take out 1 stick or ram (seems to be the most important step)
  • plug in
  • clear CMOS
  • wait for a post
  • go into bios to set up how I would normally have the system.
  • boot into windows
  • power off
  • unplug
  • re-insert other stick of ram
  • plug in
  • boots fine

I have to do this every single time this happens