cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 11 Does Not See RAID 1

alteredstate
Level 7

Hello everyone!  I have two 2TB M.2 NVMe installed in my ASUS Crosshair VIII Dark Hero MB (BIOS 4402) and configured as RAID 1 using the RAIDXpert2 Configuration Utility.  However, when I try to install Windows 11 I see both drives instead of one.  Is there something I'm doing wrong?   I see: "Array 1 RAID1 1.9TB Ready" so I assume this should work.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

soulburn74
Level 9

Open the documentation for raidxpert2 there is a kind of out of normal process to get this to work, there are 3 drivers you have to install during windows install process in the proper order in order for windows to properly see your raid drive. (best to copy the raid drivers needed to your usb drive that has the windows install on it.).

I had same issue when I bought my (non Dark) VIII Hero. Kind of  confusing at first, but once you do it a few times, you'll remember.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

soulburn74
Level 9

Open the documentation for raidxpert2 there is a kind of out of normal process to get this to work, there are 3 drivers you have to install during windows install process in the proper order in order for windows to properly see your raid drive. (best to copy the raid drivers needed to your usb drive that has the windows install on it.).

I had same issue when I bought my (non Dark) VIII Hero. Kind of  confusing at first, but once you do it a few times, you'll remember.

You were exactly correct thank you!  I was installing the drivers out of order, as soon as I installed the drivers in order my RAID appeared and I was able to install Windows 11.  Didn't realize order mattered...in my opinion this should have been emphasized in the manual.