Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VIII HERO Problem f9

Or_shelly
Level 7
Good Morning
I have some new pieces I bought last week
rayzen 9 3800, Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII HERO (WI-FI), Corsair Vengeance ddr4 3200
Everything worked fine was just one problem I encountered from the beginning
The fact that i connect the displayport i do not get a side of bios and i connect the hdmi i do get and tried to do everything on the internet and it did not solve
Now after a week of using the computer I try to open the computer in the morning and no party at all no matter what I do
All fans work properly but the motherboard displays a message of F9
I took out the ram I left one at a time and tried to run every time in another slot but no change and the same error

Someone knows the problem and can help me export a solution because the computer is not up and I can't work right now (I work from home because of the coronavirus)
Sorry, there are misspellings in English 😞

Glad to get help
5 REPLIES 5

RedSector73
Level 12
clear your bios, place one ram stick in slot 4 (from the cpu).

Attempt boot if you can enter bios, shut down then add other ram stick into slot 2 (from the cpu) and see if you can enter bios still

f9 typically is ram issue from which no recovery will work without hard reset of the bios.

hope you find this of help

RedSector73 wrote:
clear your bios, place one ram stick in slot 4 (from the cpu).

Attempt boot if you can enter bios, shut down then add other ram stick into slot 2 (from the cpu) and see if you can enter bios still

f9 typically is ram issue from which no recovery will work without hard reset of the bios.

hope you find this of help

It doesn't work with any of the rams to get to Bios
How can you do a hard reset without reaching Bios?
And does it make sense that just like that, Ram's two pieces just break down like that? 😞

You have to do bios reset which I did mention. The bios reset can be done from motherboard I/O panel, top of it "Clr Bios" press the button.

You may want to read the manual for your motherboard and check out it's features.

I don't know what lead to your f9 issue. I only know that when I have had it, was from trying settings in relation to RAM that were incorrect and what I do to recover it. Although I don't need to remove the ram at all. The reason I asked you to, is given you were not overclocking the ram or changing the timings, and the issue become present, I suspect you may have a bad ram stick. So if the single does not work try the other as single in the same spot.

Just mentioning I did not understand what you trying to say here
Or shelly wrote:
The fact that i connect the displayport i do not get a side of bios and i connect the hdmi i do get

I tried with the two ram sticks and didn't work
I still get F9 I tried to do the safe boots button and the clean CMOS button

About what I meant by that
As connected to the displayport video card I do not see the bios and the whole computer upload process
Just straighten the windows entrance and that's it
I connect the hdmi I see the whole process of computer uploading
Including can see the bios screen

A friend will come to me with ram ddr4 for checking other sticks
Hope this fixes the problem
if the sticks he brings to me won't work
What could be the problem
And sorry for my English I'm not good at writing in English

I have now connected a new stick ram and still have the F9 message
Could this be a motherboard problem?