cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VGA (WHITE) Q LED is on but my PC seems to be working fine.

waynerb64
Level 7
I have the ROG Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi motherboard and everything seems to be working fine but I just noticed the white VGA Q LED is on, very bright, under a Q-CODE of AA, which seems like a normal code.

Any ideas why this would be on and how I can turn it off/resolve whatever problem the MB thinks that it has?

My bios is Version 1105, Release Date 11/04/2019.

Thanks.

(The GPU is an Asus GTX-1070)
13 REPLIES 13

RedSector73
Level 12
waynerb64 wrote:
My bios is Version 1105, Release Date 11/04/2019.

Update to latest bios, then see if you have the issue. Version 1302 is current one.
https://www.asus.com/au/Motherboards/ROG-Crosshair-VIII-Hero-WI-FI/HelpDesk_BIOS/

waynerb64
Level 7
I shutdown the PC instead of just restarting windows and it cleared the LED. Not sure I want to mess with another version of BIOS at this point unless this is a known issue that has been fixed.

That's just being silly. There is good reason to upgrade without your so called problem, and it's called AGESA https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AGESA
Good luck with 1105 but your post shows the the problem is not the motherboard or your computer.

waynerb64
Level 7
Not messing with something that isn't really broken is not being silly. I have seen issues people have experienced on my MB with various levels of BIOS and I don't want to risk adding an issue I don't currently have. I do not understand your reference to AGESA.

Well handsome is as handsome does.

RedSector73 wrote:
Well handsome is as handsome does.

Well that was really helpful, maybe you could demonstrate your supreme intelligence by explaining the AEGSA reference.

waynerb64 wrote:
Well that was really helpful, maybe you could demonstrate your supreme intelligence by explaining the AEGSA reference.

Or, you yourself could have just read the link he posted that explains just what AGESA is. Either way...update your BIOS. You came here looking for help and an answer. He gave you one, but you ignored it. @RedSector73 is beyond helpful and knowledgeable in this forum, so he's not talking out of his arse!

bluestang wrote:
Or, you yourself could have just read the link he posted that explains just what AGESA is. Either way...update your BIOS. You came here looking for help and an answer. He gave you one, but you ignored it. @RedSector73 is beyond helpful and knowledgeable in this forum, so he's not talking out of his arse!

Sure, I update my BIOS and it proceeds to wreck my PC which I earn my living on. I don't mess with BIOS unless I have a fresh install or there is a critical fix I need in that BIOS. A simple shutdown/power up fixed the issue with no risk of destabilizing my PC.

I DID read the article and it told me NOTHING about why he linked it or what it had to do with my GPU Q-LED.

waynerb64 wrote:
Sure, I update my BIOS and it proceeds to wreck my PC which I earn my living on. I don't mess with BIOS unless I have a fresh install or there is a critical fix I need in that BIOS. A simple shutdown/power up fixed the issue with no risk of destabilizing my PC.

I DID read the article and it told me NOTHING about why he linked it or what it had to do with my GPU Q-LED.

0% risk involved in doing bios update on ROG board. Even if it borks or power drops you can reflash. Total bunkum, is all I read from your posts. If you can't educate yourself enough to follow simple instructions without flowing crap. Then stop wasting everyone's time with your rubbish.