cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tuf Gaming x570 Plus overclock?

inkjunkie
Level 7
CPU is a 3950x, 32g of GSkill TridentZ 3600 C-14. Anyone able to offer some advice. Can fumble my way thru the bios. Was messing around with it, hit the wall right at 4.25GHZ. More power just made more heat. So I blew it out and figured before I burn it up I would just ask...
4 REPLIES 4

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
inkjunkie wrote:
CPU is a 3950x, 32g of GSkill TridentZ 3600 C-14. Anyone able to offer some advice. Can fumble my way thru the bios. Was messing around with it, hit the wall right at 4.25GHZ. More power just made more heat. So I blew it out and figured before I burn it up I would just ask...

Hello,

What is it you're trying to achieve? Manual overclocking core frequency has very little benefit, if any. Enable PBO and DOCP and the CPU will boost as far as intended within thermal and power constraints.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

The x570 tuf is not a board that is suitable for overclocking as a lot of bios functions cannot be changed manually. If you want to overclock up-grade your board

SmokeyKilla wrote:
The x570 tuf is not a board that is suitable for overclocking as a lot of bios functions cannot be changed manually. If you want to overclock up-grade your board

That was a real s h i t answer that is pretty much false

I was just looking into this yet again. In the end I found that just leaving most things default and making sure you have decent cooling is best. If I set OC settings I can set it to a number and it stays at that number with no boost.

If I leave it alone and set cooling to a high speed it stays at 4.4ghz almost the whole time without doing anything. Sometimes 4,350 o4 4,375 but mostly solid 4400 which is fine for me. If I do that manually without fiddling with voltages and things it just locks up around 4200.

So i just have it stock with DOCP ram settings and leave it at that.