cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STRIX X570-E GAMING - USB 3.0 ports not working

amdryzenguy
Level 7
I assembled a new PC with the X570-E GAMING motherboard. But if I connect one or both of the two USB 3.0 front panel connectors to the MB, the PC won't start. Not even the PSU fan will come on. If I remove the USB 3.0 connectors, the PC starts. The BIOS is the latest.

Are the USB ports just broken? What else can I do to verify? Is it time for an RMA?
Thanks.
2 REPLIES 2

Banditt1976
Level 8
What case are you using? Maybe it has connections that are not compatible with the motherboard. I had a similar issue with an older MSI motherboard that had a USB 3 connection but the PC would either not boot or would hang forever and then eventually boot. I finally just ended up using the USB 3 ports on the back instead of the front panel ones and lived with it. Hopefully we can help you find an actual solution here though.

I have this same motherboard on my new build and have no such issues anymore with my new Corsair 5000X case.

Corsair 4000D Airflow

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Cases/Mid-Tower-ATX-Cases/4000D-Airflow-Tempered-G...

Your suggestion is good. Thanks. Upon looking at the specs, the case has USB 3.0 front panel and the MB has USB 3.2 Gen 1 and USB 3.2 Gen 2. Doing some more reading, it looks like I might need some kind of an adapter.