cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG STRIX X570 E Gaming Wifi ( Used to work before now NVME Cannot Detect )

tyson
Level 7
Hi guys,

I have a Rog Strix X570 E Gaming Wifi motherboard, this mb have acting up lately and cause my NVME drives not detected hence pc could not boot into windows and just loop with BIOS screen. At first i thought it was my NVME drive dead but when i take the drive and put into my second pc and it boots just fine without any issue. I can play games and do normal browsing without issue at all so i can confirm my NVME drive is working perfectly fine.

Troubleshooting i have done:

1. Change to a new NVME drives, not detected too.
2. Plug in SATA SSD and it boots just fine but i can see the NVME error under device manager.
3. Bios reset to default.
4. CMOS reset.
5. Bios update to latest 4408
6. Try to enable CMS, still won't change anything.

Any of you have any thoughts? Is it time to RMA? I have upload the screenshot in attachment.

4 REPLIES 4

xeromist
Have you tried one NVME at a time? If it's having a problem with one drive or one slot then trying each drive in each slot by itself could help you narrow things down.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
Have you tried one NVME at a time? If it's having a problem with one drive or one slot then trying each drive in each slot by itself could help you narrow things down.

Hi sorry for the late reply.

Yes i have tried only with one NVME drive but still it does not work, even i tried to put the nvme drive in another nvme slot but the results is same. Already unplug my SATA HDD storage drive as well still no luck. Bios firmware were latest.

xeromist
Ah, worth a shot. Did this start after a BIOS update? If so you may want to actually try rolling back to an earlier BIOS just to see if that makes a difference. If it started spontaneously, well that sounds hardware related. Since you confirmed different NVMEs all have this issue in this board and they work fine in another PC I would definitely finger the hardware.

The only issue is that there is a slim chance this is CPU related. You can RMA the board but if it's the CPU then you'll have the same problem. You'd have to try swapping CPUs to 100% fault the board but I understand that's not an option for everyone who doesn't have a bunch of hardware sitting around.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Nope it does not start after a bios update, i was thinking the same wether it is related to bios at first but then i tried to update the bios to latest version and it still happens. I tried to reverse to a old bios and the problem still persist. I have a spare processor to try too and it still gives the same problem. For now i already done a naked test which i remove all the 3rd party sleeves cables for 24pin, 8pin x2 for GPU, 4+ 2pin for MOBO CPU and use only direct cable from PSU for testing. The problem does not occurs after a week of testing now, and i have added a Thermalright HR-09 2280 heatsink on my Gen4 NVME SSD to cool down the temperature to 47-49'c compare to asus original nvme SSD heatsink the temperature is too high( 66-70'c ). Well do a storage transfer test to see if the problem comes back or not, if it still persist well i think the mobo is kind of faulty already.