new bios 1202
https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/ROG-STRIX-B550-E-GAMING/HelpDesk_Download/

ROG STRIX B550-E GAMING BIOS 1202
1. Updated AMD AM4 AGESA V2 PI 1.1.0.0 Patch B
2. Improve system performance and stability
3. Improved DRAM compatibility
322 REPLIES 322

ianjoyner wrote:
I wanted to add a further update to this. Thinking I might have a bad CPU, I tried a new replacement and it made no difference, also tried changing the PSU which again made no difference. Next I tried an identical spec replacement TUF Gaming B550-Plus motherboard, this cleared the issue for me, even going back to all the original components. I can now boot cleanly, with Global C-State Control on the default auto and with the memory on the DOCP profile (2 x 8Gb Crucial 3600 C16).

So it seems like I had some kind of fault on the motherboard

The more people I speak to about this board it seems it's a memory issue, DOCP profile just doesn't really work properly, but if you set at timings right using the Ryzen Dram calculator, bump the ram voltage really high, SOC quite high, then slowly back off until you have issues, that seems to fix all the stuttering, random crashes etc.

I know we shouldn't have to do this, as it should work out the box, but this seems to be the main problem. Mine is 100% stable now, even OCed the ram from 3600>3733 and tightened the timing from CL18>CL16

Use the Ryzen DRAM cal, it works, just give it plent of voltage, then slowly back off until it becomes unstable, use memtest to test it.

Also, run the Dram cal on a laptop next to the computer, it makes life alot easier for copying settings.

Hope this helps

Matt

MKEEN wrote:
The more people I speak to about this board it seems it's a memory issue, DOCP profile just doesn't really work properly, but if you set at timings right using the Ryzen Dram calculator, bump the ram voltage really high, SOC quite high, then slowly back off until you have issues, that seems to fix all the stuttering, random crashes etc.

I know we shouldn't have to do this, as it should work out the box, but this seems to be the main problem. Mine is 100% stable now, even OCed the ram from 3600>3733 and tightened the timing from CL18>CL16

Use the Ryzen DRAM cal, it works, just give it plent of voltage, then slowly back off until it becomes unstable, use memtest to test it.

Also, run the Dram cal on a laptop next to the computer, it makes life alot easier for copying settings.

Hope this helps

Matt

Hi,
According to what you're saying and Mikle64 answear too, i agree with you.
Looks like the HyperX Predator 32 Go (2x 16 Go) DDR4 3600 MHz CL17 (HX436C17PB3K2/32) saved my life !
No more cold boot issue nor system freeze nor bluetooth issue since nearly 1 month !

Hope it helps.

Grog777 wrote:
Hi,
According to what you're saying and Mikle64 answear too, i agree with you.
Looks like the HyperX Predator 32 Go (2x 16 Go) DDR4 3600 MHz CL17 (HX436C17PB3K2/32) saved my life !
No more cold boot issue nor system freeze nor bluetooth issue since nearly 1 month !

Hope it helps.

GROG777 Thank you very much for your help in solving the cold start issue HyperX Predator 32 Go (2x 16 Go) DDR4 3600 MHz CL17 (HX436C17PB3K2 / 32) solved the problem, everything starts and works fine. Hooray:rolleyes:

mikle64 wrote:
GROG777 Thank you very much for your help in solving the cold start issue HyperX Predator 32 Go (2x 16 Go) DDR4 3600 MHz CL17 (HX436C17PB3K2 / 32) solved the problem, everything starts and works fine. Hooray:rolleyes:

Very Happy for you bro ! :cool:
Finaly, everything gonna be ok 😉

Grog777 wrote:
Hi,

1/
I'm experimenting "cold start" issue too as many users here.
I've readen on some forums (reddit included) that using QVL RAM sticks can solve this issue.

So i've looked in the list given by asus here : https://rog.asus.com/motherboards/rog-strix/rog-strix-b550-e-gaming-model/helpdesk_qvl_memory

I want to buy theses ones :
Hyper X HX436C17PB3K2/32 2x 16GB 3600 3600 DS SK Hynix 17-19-19-39 1.35 1,2,4
I'll get them in fews days and will tell people here if "cold start" issue is solved or not.

2/
Do some people here know why does bluetooth gone away so often (a cold start solves it but you know about cold start...)

3/
To finish, the most anoying issue i'm experiencing :
System freeze that begin with the current window that is not responding and then with the entire system with only the mouse that can move and then need to reset the PC ?
It can happen twice a day and then nothing during several day, i will say that during 1 month it appeared 7 times.
REV of my M.B. and it is Rev X.0x
I've notice that before it happens, q-code AA was displayed when boot finished, now the displayed q-code is 40 (do not know if it's linked or not)
I've have not changed anything in my bios/winsows settings !

Can someone help/save me please ?
Thank you very much in advance.

Have a good day.
Guillaume

As i've received my new memory sticks described above, i'm answearing myself in order to share my experience :

So as i said, i've received my new memory sticks today and installed them.
I took the opportunity to connect the additional 4 pin connector (CPU) and I can say that I no longer have cold boot issue in DOCP mode : Youhoooo !

So, "only" 2 issues remaining :
1/ Bluetooth that deseapoers sometimes but as cold boot is no more an issue for me, i could say that it is not a real issue now
2/ The most annoying remaining issue is the System slow down until freeze that occurs sometimes twice a day and sometimes nothing during days...
Whatever, i noticed that browsing and using discord in the same time make that issue appears more often, is it linked ? i can not clearly say it.

Hope, this experience helped to solve cold boot issue for some guys here !

Kisses

Quentin79 wrote:
I installed bios 2407 last weekend, no problems so far. However I see the v2407 is no more available on the Asus website, does someone know why it was pulled?

Here the same!
I installed 2407 last weekend and no problems (only a lower max frequency in single core)
Now version 2407 no longer exists. Do i have to worry?

lzeppelin wrote:
Here the same!
I installed 2407 last weekend and no problems (only a lower max frequency in single core)
Now version 2407 no longer exists. Do i have to worry?

Hi,
The same here !
But i do not know why after having flashed the niew bios 2407, the bios starting time increase by 1 sec and the AM4 AGESA version decrease to 1.2.0.3 Patch A.
So i've put back the bios version 2404 in order my system to be more adaptive.

Tha_G wrote:
Hi I am considering to get the Asus B550-E Gaming motherboard. May I know what are the issues in this motherboard that i should look out for?

Non now, had a few memory issues, and usb issue, but sorted that with the Ryzen Dram Cal and bios updates. all is now good.

MKEEN wrote:
Non now, had a few memory issues, and usb issue, but sorted that with the Ryzen Dram Cal and bios updates. all is now good.

Thanks for the reply !! im 100% getting this motherboard now

Tha_G wrote:
Thanks for the reply !! im 100% getting this motherboard now

The motherboard is good, the problems are often behind the x5000 processors