cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My M.2 drive isn't bootable.

vertigo5012
Level 7
Ok, I apologize if this has already been addressed but I have looked all over the place for the information I need. I recently bought a Seagate Firecuda 520 to install into my Asus B-5500-F Gaming motherboard. Yet when i tried to install windows on it, it would not let me. At that time it said I needed to go turn on the controller for it. I went into my bio's and looked and looked, finally finding a command for changing a setting yet that had no difference. After a few more tries I got the message that my format was wrong. GPT i think is what it is and needed to be set to something else.

So I'm stuck at this, how do I make my M.2 a bootable drive.
2 REPLIES 2

knt
Level 7
Do you have any other drives and/or OS?

maddog_007
Level 7
vertigo5012 wrote:
Ok, I apologize if this has already been addressed but I have looked all over the place for the information I need. I recently bought a Seagate Firecuda 520 to install into my Asus B-5500-F Gaming motherboard. Yet when i tried to install windows on it, it would not let me. At that time it said I needed to go turn on the controller for it. I went into my bio's and looked and looked, finally finding a command for changing a setting yet that had no difference. After a few more tries I got the message that my format was wrong. GPT i think is what it is and needed to be set to something else.

So I'm stuck at this, how do I make my M.2 a bootable drive.

Came across your query,when I want to make an M.2 nvme drive bootable I remove all other installed drives

Then install your os making sure you sort your bios to boot from this.

Only once you have Windows etc running install any other drives.