cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[MIGHT BE CRITICAL] NVMe M.2 Disappeared After Restart (C8H 4004)

LeftEyeNine
Level 7
People might be keeping crucial documents on their NVMe M.2's that's why I had to forewarn in the title.

I had updated to 4004 for 2 days now and was getting no errors whatsoever.

After Call of Duty Warzone crashed, I wanted to reboot which I did via a normal procedure and when the OS reloaded, my drive E: which was on a PNY CS2130 NVMe M.2 was nowhere to be found.

• Disk Management did not see it.
  • BIOS did not see it.
  • Clearing CMOS did not do the trick.
  • Enabling/disabling NVMe Raid Mode did not work.

It had vanished without a trace after a simple restart.

As a last resort, I downgraded to 3801- a seemingly celebrated BIOS version for its stability - and it was all over back to normal again.

I know it might be anything - my NVMe M.2, my motherboard or other components. However since downgrading DID work, I thought you might want to know and keep a backup of your important files just in case or go back to a former BIOS like me before making sure this latest one is rock solid.

Cheers.
3 REPLIES 3

BillBittel
Level 12
This is interesting, and concerning. It sounds like your drive and the data on it was not affected, it just did not show up anywyere.

I updated my Dark Hero to Bios 4004 and have not had any issues yet but I have also not really stressed the system. I wonder if this was a one off event and if you loaded bios 4004 again if the problem would occur again. If you try it, please post the results.

I am having plethora of problems lately, like my Lian Li Galahad stopping working to overheat my system, constant crashes in CoD Warzone that don't go away despite formatting my system for 3 times and now this. I'd like to eliminate as much problem as possible while I am beginning to think that my C8H mobo is a faulty one in the first place.

But I will gladly update to the next version, just not this one, because I am a sucker for BIOS updates.

cnpcman
Level 7
Post all the rest of the detailed system, with or without overclock.