cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long boot time on Strix b450-f gaming II

DEVILD_Roma
Level 8
Hi, need help with configure boot time. I have strix b450-f gaming II motherboard. My PC boot about 18-25sec and it's ok for me, BUT it's work only if PSU power on, I have a UPS and I power off it when I shut down my PC (I'm from Ukraine, and as you know we have 'issues' with energy). So when I power on UPS and press power button PC boot about 40-50sec, and its too long for me.
I already tryed:
-switch "next boot after AC power loss" from normal to fast boot
-turn off SMART self test for my 2.5' SSD's
-turn off wi-fi and Bluetooth controller

all this try have no effect on boot time

p.s: when UPS power on, pc power off → after pressing power button, boot time 18-25sec, but I can't left my UPS power on for all time. On work I have another asus H510 MB, and with same behavior (UPS power off after pc shutdown) after power on this PC, it's boot time about 20sec (same boot drive transcend NV1), I tried same bios boot settings as work pc have - no effect.

my setup:
-strix b450-f gaming II (bios 4901)
-r5 5500
-gtx 950
-2x16Gb goodram iridium pro 3600MHz
-crucial BX500 (480 Gb and 500Gb)
-transcend NV1 250Gb (boot drive)
5 REPLIES 5

J_Bish
Level 10
UPS may not be adequate voltage... If plug computers straight into wall sockets does the same thing happen? IF not then I'd say too small of a UPS on both computers

J Bish wrote:
UPS may not be adequate voltage... If plug computers straight into wall sockets does the same thing happen? IF not then I'd say too small of a UPS on both computers

When PC plug into a wall socket and bios setting "ErP ready Enable S4+S5" set as "enable" result: normal boot time. But I can't left this settings in "enable" state because PSU emits an electric squeak (it is not heard during PC operation), but when I go to bed its terrible. So I need to unplug PC from wall socket and next boot will be long cause to "PSU completely off". And I can't use my PC without UPS. So I use it with UPS, and UPS must be turned off after using the PC.

So, my problem related with PSU+bios setting. When PSU completely off (situation #1: Wall socket + "ErP ready Enable S4+S5" set as "disable"//situation #2: The UPS is turned off) result: long boot time.

But as I said, on my work I have a PC with UPS, "ErP ready Enable S4+S5" set as "disable", UPS turned off every time and when I start my work PC (turned on UPS and press power button) result: normal boot time.

I think there is "some setting" with "some kind" of check of "something" and every time when I start my PC after turning on my UPS this check starts and take a lot of time.

J_Bish
Level 10

J Bish wrote:
http://dontcodetired.com/blog/post/Installing-and-Configuring-a-UPS-with-Windows-10 May help

I appreciate for your help, but UPS is not a cause.

Let's imagine that I have no UPS. PC power from wall socket and I need to "disable" erp s4+s5 state. Whit that setup: long boot time. Enabling s4+s5 not an option. Any idea ?

(On work such setup work well)

In the bios you should be able to enable those Page 6.7 i think it was

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/SocketAM4/ROG_STRIX_B450-F_GAMING_II/E18263_ROG_STRIX_B450-F_G...

DEVILD_Roma wrote:
I appreciate for your help, but UPS is not a cause.

Let's imagine that I have no UPS. PC power from wall socket and I need to "disable" erp s4+s5 state. Whit that setup: long boot time. Enabling s4+s5 not an option. Any idea ?

(On work such setup work well)