cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hey ASUS STAFF and Software Team......

DelBoyJamie
Level 7
do you think we could get a updated AGESA 1.0.0.4 FROM YOU GUYS at some point for your flagship ROG boards, the ROG Crosshair VII WiFi etc still does not have a stable 1.0.0.4 update, when you have released this stable for other cheaper x470 boards like the Prime...

I've never owned ASUS, always wanted a ROG board but always very expensive, but I've always wanted a flagship board from ASUS (what a mistake)...

After years of having MSI and Gigabyte and getting sick of the terrible support and updates.
Always heard of the amazing support and continued updates on ASUS, after finally getting a great board the ROG CH7, I was so happy...... WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED in the last 12 months at ASUS, there is no staff ever in forums, the support well nonexistent, and updates? what updates, all other main board manufactures, Gigabyte, Asrock, MSI etc have all released AGESA 1.0.0.4 and several fixes after said update fixing issues and doing what the community asking for on all their boards new and old cheap and flagship.... what the hell happened here...
Look at every other board manufacturer plenty of bios updates and fixes https://www.hardwareluxx.de/community/f12/ultimative-am4-uefi-bios-agesa-ubersicht-23-12-19-a-122890...

This will be the first and only product I ever purchase from ASUS, I'm so disappointed
And its clear from the responses here on the official forums and other forums that ASUS what was once great is dead, and without the community and the great support and updates from staff and software team, no one will come back. I know I never will... I will be buying the flagship gigabyte board soon.... and as someone who is brand loyal and usually sicks with same guys for years as I have before for many many years, I wont be ever buying ASUS again, terrible support staff and responses, absolutely no communication with their community... really bad

Oh well you live and learn
34 REPLIES 34

Zefram
Level 10
For 20+ years, through a multitude of cpu generations from both teams, I've stuck with Asus motherboards for my personal builds. I have a Crosshair VII also and I'm not sure my next board will be an Asus one. I don't even care so much about output of bioses, I just want communication. Let us know what's going on. Give us ETAs. If you can't hit those marks, communicate, readjust. Don't just stay silent and think this is ok. This is how you lose customers.

Do Asus actually have any staff?

Going by the lack of customer interaction and unanswered questions here in the forums you could be fooled in thinking they don't.

As they say "The silence is deafening".

I'm still waiting for an 1.0.0.4b update for the VI extreme to appear.

xeizo
Level 12
Maybe Asus are waiting for AGESA 1.0.0.4C or 1.0.0.5. 1.0.0.4B may have some problems which are hard to solve. Current bios 2901 works rather well, there should be no rush.
R9 7950X - ASUS X670E Crosshair Extreme (bios 0803) - 32GB HyperX Fury Beast @6200c32 - Corsair H150i Pro - ASUS RTX3080 TUF OC V2 - Phanteks P400A - Corsair RM850 - WD SN850

ok. this is what im gonna say to asus too. i always wanted to have ROG board for a long time. this is my first ROG board. x470 CH7. my last 2 pc is also asus. and this is the last time i will buy asus board again. all mobo vendors have already release 1.0.04 bios. they release it last month. only asus got problem. im using beta bios right now, but the performance is bad, maybe i will flash it back to 2901. i paid premium for a premium support. it is terrible, i think i want to sell this board, if someone want to buy it. im getting sick of it now.

Bought my first ASUS product after years of using other brands. Owning a CH7 now and i'm really dissappointed in the non existing communication.
This is not acceptable for a product with that premium price.

you guys can check this website. i already bookmark it for myself.
https://www.hardwareluxx.de/community/f12/ultimative-am4-uefi-bios-agesa-ubersicht-16-12-19-a-122890...

all mobo vendors already release new bios for their board in november. why asus taking so long to release it? its almost near 2 month now but still not have new bios in their website. i check everyday for it. this doesnt make any sense. playing waiting games is make me sick. :mad:

xeizo
Level 12
There is a test bios with 1004B, it works mostly well but single core boost is completely broken.

You don't want it.

Why it's broken, when Prime/F works well, is unknown but I want a fully working bios. For now 2901 works the best.
Even if Telemetry - which is fixed in the test bios - doesn't work at all on 2901.
R9 7950X - ASUS X670E Crosshair Extreme (bios 0803) - 32GB HyperX Fury Beast @6200c32 - Corsair H150i Pro - ASUS RTX3080 TUF OC V2 - Phanteks P400A - Corsair RM850 - WD SN850

yeah single core boost is weak. im using beta bios right now 0002. what is telemetry? i heard many people say about this, but i dont know what it is.
x470 CH7 board is im not mistaken is the most expensive board in the market for its lineup, they should put priority on it, if i use low tier board, i even dont mind and understand why the update is late.

xeizo
Level 12
Telemetry is for software to read the internal parameters of the CPU, Ryzen Master uses it, and even the CPU itself uses it to calculate it's performance. Some parameters can be set in the bios like PPT/TDC/EDC but for most bioses only values 0,1 and motherboard limits works. It's broken in most Zen 2 bioses making performance a hit or miss. It works 100% in the test bios.