cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FYI: Corsair products are still bugged in CH7 BIOS 1201.

Stalkholm
Level 7
A problem was introduced in the 1103 BIOS that causes Corsair products to misbehave. In my specific case my h150i cooler will repeatedly connect and disconnect, flipping from being a generic USB port to being recognized as a Corsair h150i and back again, over and over. I'd hoped that 1201 would have fixed the problem but that doesn't seem to be the case. (I'm also experiencing extreme mouse lag and hangs in BIOS in 1103 and 1201, anybody else?)

Forum user Arcanjo_Gabriel is having the same problem I am, and chose the same solution:

Same probleme. Reinstalling Last bios firmware

Dicehunter is experiencing problems with his Corsair Vengeance ram:

After a fair bit of testing I can confirm that the latest 1103 bios for the Crosshair VII Hero WiFi ...

bkgolden is also having problems with his Corsair ram:

Like the title says, Corsair iCUE no longer detects my Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro (CMW16GX4M2C3200C16...

As are several others in that thread. I guess I'm the only person experiencing issues with the h150i specifically, but my problems started at the same time as everybody else's did. Could it be something with Corsair Commander or link or whatever it is maybe?

The iCUE software has been updated since the 1103 BIOS were released and the problems still remain, so whatever the problem is Corsair seems not to be able to program around it.

For the time being I'm rolling back to 1002, which was the last stable BIOS for me, and wait in hopes of a new release. Fingers crossed maybe the next next update will fix the problem.
14 REPLIES 14

barahona
Level 7
I have the same issue on my B450-I. With 2 back to back BIOS releases, it's pretty safe to say they don't care enough to fix it. You might have better luck raising a big stink about it on their facebook / twitter pages.

bkgolden
Level 7
Stalkholm wrote:
bkgolden is also having problems with his Corsair ram:

As are several others in that thread. I guess I'm the only person experiencing issues with the h150i specifically, but my problems started at the same time as everybody else's did. Could it be something with Corsair Commander or link or whatever it is maybe?

The iCUE software has been updated since the 1103 BIOS were released and the problems still remain, so whatever the problem is Corsair seems not to be able to program around it.

For the time being I'm rolling back to 1002, which was the last stable BIOS for me, and wait in hopes of a new release. Fingers crossed maybe the next next update will fix the problem.

Good to know. I really wish Corsair made motherboards so I wouldn't have to deal with these incompatibilities.

bkgolden wrote:
Good to know. I really wish Corsair made motherboards so I wouldn't have to deal with these incompatibilities.

Corsair isn't blameless in this, they use a lot of proprietary solutions. For instance, Corsair LEDs are only programmable with their own Corsair hub even though there are universal solutions like ASUS aura, or Corsair being unwilling to update their software to be compatible with other products, like HWinfo. They're not really the good guys in this specific scenario, not the bad guys either, but not the good guys.

Stalkholm wrote:
Corsair isn't blameless in this, they use a lot of proprietary solutions. For instance, Corsair LEDs are only programmable with their own Corsair hub even though there are universal solutions like ASUS aura, or Corsair being unwilling to update their software to be compatible with other products, like HWinfo. They're not really the good guys in this specific scenario, not the bad guys either, but not the good guys.

I'm not looking to cast blame on anyone (where did I do that?), but given the incompatibilities with iCUE, Aura, NZXT Cam, etc., I simply wish there was a complete RGB product offerings from one vendor (In my case Corsair since I have a lot of their products already), so I wouldn't have to deal with this BS.

JustinThyme
Level 13
Corsair would be in a much better stance if they made their products compatible with the market. OK so make the RGBs need to be connected to their controllers but able to synchronize with motherboards. They aren’t making anything on free software.**

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

barahona
Level 7
I believe what you are looking for would be MSI motherboard. MSI is a partner of Corsair's since they started using them in their Bulldog PCs up to today's latest ONE PCs. MSI even has a port on some of their boards that bypasses the need to use of a Commander / Node Pro.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWnuvJ8tPU8

How long do we have to wait for this to get fixed?

Monyo wrote:
How long do we have to wait for this to get fixed?

same issues here, all fans and MB synced to Aura but my Corsair Vengeance RBB and my MSI 2070 are stuck in rainbow 😞

wonderiuy
Level 8
Have you reported to support or just on this forum?