cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) no power 8+4 pin

milomir
Level 7
i'm having a strange problem where my psu won't provide power to the pc while both 8 pin and 4 pin cpu are plugged in, it works fine with just the 8 pin..
my psu is bequiet dark power pro 12 1200w with a ryzen 9 5900x, is this supposed to be normal behavior?
2 REPLIES 2

Escorpiom
Level 9
milomir wrote:
i'm having a strange problem where my psu won't provide power to the pc while both 8 pin and 4 pin cpu are plugged in, it works fine with just the 8 pin..
my psu is bequiet dark power pro 12 1200w with a ryzen 9 5900x, is this supposed to be normal behavior?

That's certainly not normal.
This would point to a short circuit, power supplies do not come on when there is a secondary short.
I would start with checking the pinout, first in the manual and then compare it with your 4-pin power supply connector.
If you are sure that the pins are not inverted, you may have a short on the board itself. But I really doubt that, as you already pointed out the board is working fine without the 4-pin connected.

Cheers.

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
Hello,

Might seem obvious, but if the PSU comes with another ESP 12v 4 pin cable, try this.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090