cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[C6H] Random USB power and not able to Flashback. Normal behaviour?

KyonDono
Level 7
Hello,

I've acquired a Crosshair VI Hero MB and I'm trying to use the Flashback function so I can use my 2600X. I've noticed the following, and I'd like to know if it is a normal behaviour:

NOTE: The MB is only connected to the PSU. No CPU, No RAM (I've tried with RAM and it's the same).
NOTE 2: I've tried 2xUSB2.0 drives and 3xUSB3.0 drives.

• Any USB unit powers up in the four upper row 3.0 USB
  • In the next row (USB 2.0 the one with the BIOS sign) some USB units power up for a few seconds and then the light dissappears and some units won't even power up (no light).
  • In the next row (USB 3.0) no USB unit seems to work.
  • The BIOS flashback button never ligths up. Don't matter how much time do I keep it pressed or how many times.

So, what do you think? I want to know especially if the BIOS flashback button behaviour is normal. Does it light up even if you don't have a USB plugged in the BIOS port?

Please, I need help. I have only 3 days to test the MB and return it; after that, I'm stuck with it.

Thank you.
5 REPLIES 5

syldon
Level 9
KyonDono wrote:
Hello,

I've acquired a Crosshair VI Hero MB and I'm trying to use the Flashback function so I can use my 2600X. I've noticed the following, and I'd like to know if it is a normal behaviour:

NOTE: The MB is only connected to the PSU. No CPU, No RAM (I've tried with RAM and it's the same).
NOTE 2: I've tried 2xUSB2.0 drives and 3xUSB3.0 drives.

• Any USB unit powers up in the four upper row 3.0 USB
  • In the next row (USB 2.0 the one with the BIOS sign) some USB units power up for a few seconds and then the light dissappears and some units won't even power up (no light).
  • In the next row (USB 3.0) no USB unit seems to work.
  • The BIOS flashback button never ligths up. Don't matter how much time do I keep it pressed or how many times.

So, what do you think? I want to know especially if the BIOS flashback button behaviour is normal. Does it light up even if you don't have a USB plugged in the BIOS port?

Please, I need help. I have only 3 days to test the MB and return it; after that, I'm stuck with it.

Thank you.

It is the usb port with the white box highlighting it.

syldon wrote:
It is the usb port with the white box highlighting it.

Yes. In the C6H the USB port configuration is different, but the port is the one with the white box too. Does something happen if you push the BIOS button even if you don't have a USB drive plugged in? Does it light up or flash 5 times or something? Because no matter what I do, my BIOS button is completely unresponsive.

KyonDono wrote:
Yes. In the C6H the USB port configuration is different, but the port is the one with the white box too. Does something happen if you push the BIOS button even if you don't have a USB drive plugged in? Does it light up or flash 5 times or something? Because no matter what I do, my BIOS button is completely unresponsive.

When you push the flashback button it will flash with a blue light 3 times. During that time it will check the flashback USB port for the correct bios file. For a crosshair 6 the filed should be named C6H.cap. Also the file system of the USB drive needs to be fat32.

If it cannot find this file, either because the stick is using the wrong file format or the file name is wrong, then it will only flash 3 times and stop. If it find the correct file, it will continue to flash while it applies the revision update.

syldon wrote:
When you push the flashback button it will flash with a blue light 3 times. During that time it will check the flashback USB port for the correct bios file. For a crosshair 6 the filed should be named C6H.cap. Also the file system of the USB drive needs to be fat32.

If it cannot find this file, either because the stick is using the wrong file format or the file name is wrong, then it will only flash 3 times and stop. If it find the correct file, it will continue to flash while it applies the revision update.

Thanks! That corroborates my theory that I'm dealing with a faulty MB so I will return it back. It's a shame, I really liked this board. The quality is undeniable.

KyonDono wrote:
Thanks! That corroborates my theory that I'm dealing with a faulty MB so I will return it back. It's a shame, I really liked this board. The quality is undeniable.

Which bios file are you using?