cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C6H advise needed

npapanik
Level 8
Hi to all,

C6H's price has droped to 150€/167$. Would you suggest the purchase of this X370 board in 2019 for performance/cost? I would like to use PBO with a Ryzen 2xxx for the time being until I switch to a 3xxx series one. Or would you suggest something else?

Thanks in advance.
4 REPLIES 4

randydvd
Level 7
Post-BIOS 7302 dropping here, I'm pretty much happy with the C6H for now. It can only get better from here on out, and I trust ASUS would make it so as long as AMD provides good AGESA.
For the existing users of 1000 and 2000-series Ryzen, holding on the board is a no-brainer so long as you don't need PCIE 4.0 yet.
Watch the buildzoid video from 2017 he made of the C6H, it's really an over-engineered board for 8c/16t and why it's handling 12/24 no sweat.
For anyone considering buying a C6H now, as its comparable in price to most X570 entry-level boards, it's a "why-not?" scenario.
My only gripe with the C6H is its single M.2 and nothing much else worth mentioning. This is my personal 2 cents opinion and others may have their own.

randydvd wrote:
Post-BIOS 7302 dropping here, I'm pretty much happy with the C6H for now. It can only get better from here on out, and I trust ASUS would make it so as long as AMD provides good AGESA.
For the existing users of 1000 and 2000-series Ryzen, holding on the board is a no-brainer so long as you don't need PCIE 4.0 yet.
Watch the buildzoid video from 2017 he made of the C6H, it's really an over-engineered board for 8c/16t and why it's handling 12/24 no sweat.
For anyone considering buying a C6H now, as its comparable in price to most X570 entry-level boards, it's a "why-not?" scenario.
My only gripe with the C6H is its single M.2 and nothing much else worth mentioning. This is my personal 2 cents opinion and others may have their own.

Many thanks for the answer, the single M.2 is my only concern right now... I was also looking at the PRIME X470-PRO which has a 10€ premium over the C6H right now. It has 6 VRM design, so I thnink its gonna be fine.

npapanik wrote:
Many thanks for the answer, the single M.2 is my only concern right now... I was also looking at the PRIME X470-PRO which has a 10€ premium over the C6H right now. It has 6 VRM design, so I thnink its gonna be fine.

I would still take a C6H over a Prime X470-Pro pal. For the single M.2 on C6H, I'd use it for an M.2 NVME SSD, and get a pcie expansion card to hold any M.2 SATA SSDs. That's a solution worth looking at.

That is what I do, the third PCIe x16 card has an expansion box with a 2 TB Intel 660p M.2 SSD - works great. While it is only PCIe 2 4x, it virtually maxes out the capability for that drive and have zero issues using it in that slot. So I have two NVMe drives running. Board is also working well with a 3900x.