cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bios update ASUS DARK HERO to improve compatibility RTX 4000

manowarxxx
Level 7
Hi guys

it seems many users with RTX 40xx experience black screen during 2d/3d transition ( like a loading screen for example).
I saw a post very interesting on Guru3d :
Guys , i think i have definitely found the culprit of the black screen while on iddle on my msi gaming trio rtx 4090. It is the motherboard Bios needs update for compatibility with rtx 4090 gpu's . I have troughly tested on my Asrock Z690 Aqua OC 2xDDR5 Dimm Slots and Asrock Z690 Steel Legend 4xDDR4 Dimm Slots and neither one of those two Intel Z690 resolved my issues with black screens and reboots while on idle even with clean windows 11 latest installation and updated everything. Those two Asrock boards will get a Bios update for compatibility just like my AMD am4 Asrock B550 Steel Legend did. I updated to the latest Bios of my am4 mobo with a fix for compatibility with rtx 4090 gpu's.

Now i'm testing on my third motherboard Asrock B550 Steel Legend with udated Bios with the fix for this problem of compatibility with rtx 4090 video cards , so far everything has been fixed on this platform am4.

Now my msi gaming trio rtx 4090 don't have any kind of problems running in normal mode on the drivers instead of performance , no black screen issues , no reboots , no driver errors , nothing , running smoots as butter.

it seems this user solve this black screen problem with a new bios update on his Asrock motherboard.
Any news on future Bios for Dark Hero (or others motherboards) ?

Thank u very much
2 REPLIES 2

manowarxxx
Level 7
here another updated card with bios that fix the problem :
https://rog.asus.com/motherboards/rog-strix/rog-strix-z790-f-gaming-wifi-model/helpdesk_bios/
2. Fix the driver compatibility issue with NVIDIA RTX40 series cards

Godofmosquitoes
Level 7
manowarxxx wrote:
Hi guys

it seems many users with RTX 40xx experience black screen during 2d/3d transition ( like a loading screen for example).
I saw a post very interesting on Guru3d :

it seems this user solve this black screen problem with a new bios update on his Asrock motherboard.
Any news on future Bios for Dark Hero (or others motherboards) ?

Thank u very much

There's a firmware update out for the RTX 40 series which is to solve a similar issue. The description is a little different, but it's still a blank screen issue. Might be worth a try? https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5411/?=&linkId=100000163736896