cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BIOS Stable Release

MysticPixie
Level 7
I'm just wondering when an official stable release BIOS is going to be posted. It's been quite a while since the microcode updates were pushed out and several other boards have received stable BIOS releases, while the ROG Crosshair VI Hero is still only with beta? And even then not even hosted on official ASUS/ROG servers?!
7 REPLIES 7

brkkab123
Level 7
That should tell you something there.
That's why the Crosshair VI Hero got taken off my to get list.
I've already noticed that Asus forgets abot updating it's motherboard's once they introduce other for the same architecture.
I've now seen that happen on both AMD boards and Intel boards from Asus.
Not buying anymore Asus boards on my end.

brkkab123 wrote:
That should tell you something there.
That's why the Crosshair VI Hero got taken off my to get list.
I've already noticed that Asus forgets abot updating it's motherboard's once they introduce other for the same architecture.
I've now seen that happen on both AMD boards and Intel boards from Asus.
Not buying anymore Asus boards on my end.

To forget/or don't care enough to push improved bios version in an acceptable time for the top tier board of your company for this platform seems a bit............

It's now on top off my return list, should not soon a working bios be released.

GNoiZz wrote:
To forget/or don't care enough to push improved bios version in an acceptable time for the top tier board of your company for this platform seems a bit............

It's now on top off my return list, should not soon a working bios be released.

asus was and will be the same with the support,they just had luck with the holes for am3 cpu cooler,at least i got this board because at the ryzen release i din't hat many heatsinks ready for am4 socket.
they invest alot in marketing,so you bought "dreams",i did the same

huh, that's not my observation with Asus. They tend to update their board fairly consistent. At least my previous ones worked just fine - new cpus? New bios way before shedule. Is this different here? All those salty comments may have reasonable ground, but what are our options? I choose this board because all other UEFI interfaces are kinda crap - granted, the missing stable bios for WORKING OC and correct feature implementation (like the qfan tuning) is annoying. But how are the other vendors holding up? I'm still in my return windows though ^-^

Ravwyn wrote:
huh, that's not my observation with Asus. They tend to update their board fairly consistent. At least my previous ones worked just fine - new cpus? New bios way before shedule. Is this different here? All those salty comments may have reasonable ground, but what are our options? I choose this board because all other UEFI interfaces are kinda crap - granted, the missing stable bios for WORKING OC and correct feature implementation (like the qfan tuning) is annoying. But how are the other vendors holding up? I'm still in my return windows though ^-^

My previous boards are all from Asus and no probs, that's why i bough this one. I just expect from a premium board with a premium price tag that it is working, and not that the customers test beta bios versions like here. Asus is a big corp and not a little start up....think they can do better! Still have 3 weeks to return this one, and next on my list was the Taichi board. Seems like far less probs and better Ram support. But i will wait the 3 weeks and hope they will release a working bios.

GNoiZz wrote:
My previous boards are all from Asus and no probs, that's why i bough this one. I just expect from a premium board with a premium price tag that it is working, and not that the customers test beta bios versions like here. Asus is a big corp and not a little start up....think they can do better! Still have 3 weeks to return this one, and next on my list was the Taichi board. Seems like far less probs and better Ram support. But i will wait the 3 weeks and hope they will release a working bios.

I'm completely OK with them releasing Beta BIOSes. In fact I rather like seeing the active development and engagement with the community as well as making new features/support available to people to see before official release.

What I'm not a fan of, is how those beta releases are handled, and the seemingly slow pace for approval to official release.

The beta releases should be placed on official ASUS/ROG servers, not in random dropbox #180. I am planning on a ThreadRipper system and was looking at the announced ROG board for that. I'm not so sure now.

sadaharu
Level 7
MysticPixie wrote:
I'm just wondering when an official stable release BIOS is going to be posted. It's been quite a while since the microcode updates were pushed out and several other boards have received stable BIOS releases, while the ROG Crosshair VI Hero is still only with beta? And even then not even hosted on official ASUS/ROG servers?!

Dont ask these kind of questions.

They dont like askers like us.

They expect you to just wait until they release something.

If you keep asking, then there will be insults, unread threads, ignoring etc etc....

Since the new x299 or whatsoever released, dont expect anything fast, proper support.

They supposed to give our update two days ago.

But you know.

Just SHHHSHSHHH. Keep quiet.