cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bios showing half of ram and Windows showing half hardware reserved (x370)

WaterKnight
Level 7
Hi,

One week ago I turned on my computer. However, It turned off cause it arrived to 100℃ because my water cooling decided to break down.
When I was changing the water cooling for the fan that comes with the Ryzen 1700, when I took out the water cooling the processor left the socket stuck to the cooling. When I tried to remove cpu from water cooling, the cpu fell into my computer case.

I looked carefully at my cpu and all pins look well, none of them was bent.

With the default fan the cpu was not overheating . But the first time I turned on computer I was seeing half of my ram, so i decided to remove both cpu and rams and put them again. So i managed to get 2x8GB of RAM working again.
However after that each time I turn on computer i just see half of my RAM.

I have tried each stick of ram individually and they work properly and both of them in A1 and A2 or B1 and B2 are working too. So i think dual channel is rip.

I think that I am going to order a new crosshair vi hero and test my cpu and ram there too.

My computer:
Ryzen 1700 OC 3.9Ghz
Asus Crosshair VI hero x370
2x8GB Flare X Ram

I am looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Best regards,
WaterKnight
8 REPLIES 8

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Have you tried the simple stuff like clearing CMOS?

HiVizMan
Level 40
With Arne on this one, do the simple stuff first.

CLEAR Cmos with all cables and bits removed from the motherboard, including your PSU power cables. Then hold he power button down for a few seconds to clear the caps of any stored charge.

Only now do a Clear CMos.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

HiVizMan wrote:
With Arne on this one, do the simple stuff first.

CLEAR Cmos with all cables and bits removed from the motherboard, including your PSU power cables. Then hold he power button down for a few seconds to clear the caps of any stored charge.

Only now do a Clear CMos.

I cleared CMOS and didn't fix the problem.

WaterKnight
Level 7
UPDATE

I just tried all memory possibilities and 16GB of RAM just get recognised in A1 and A2

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Not sure what to suggest...

This
WaterKnight wrote:
So i managed to get 2x8GB of RAM working again.
makes it sound like it could still work even after the accident...

I guess I'd try stripping it down again and re-seating everything and make sure the cooling is not too tight or too loose

Arne Saknussemm wrote:
Not sure what to suggest...

This makes it sound like it could still work even after the accident...

I guess I'd try stripping it down again and re-seating everything and make sure the cooling is not too tight or too loose

I have tried this right now to pull off cpu fan and put it again and not to loose or tight and nothing change. Still getting same problem!!

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Hmmm...shame...did the MB get a knock at any point...falling CPU etc....

Hard to tell without substituting, if it's the CPU or MB

gupsterg
Level 13
Just curious Waterknight, are you using EK block on C6H? there is known issue with early gasket being slightly capacitive, causing issues. If you have an air cooler to hand perhaps try that.
Intel Defector :eek: AMD Rebel

R9 5900X - Custom WC - ASUS Crosshair VII Hero WiFi - Ballistix Sport LT 2x16GB 3800MHz C16 - RX 6800 XT - WD SN770 2TB - 2x 870 EVO 4TB

24/7 OC: i5 4690K @ 4.9GHz CPU@1.255v 4.4GHz Cache@1.10v - Archon SB-E X2 - Asus Maximus VII Ranger
Sapphire Fury X (1145/545 ~17.7K GS 3DM FS)

:eek: CPU Validation 5.198GHz@1.314v with 4.4GHz cache + RAM 2400MHz@1T :eek:
Da Music video