Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BIOS 2704 for B450 E Gaming, no dual channel boot

Richard_Dower
Level 9
3 REPLIES 3

andyliu
Level 9
IMHO, you should have kept everything in the same thread instead of making a new one every single update w/o proper explanation in text.
and 3 URL isn't going to make them understand what you want, especially with new thread.

so if I follow your latest video correctly

up to version 2406: you had no issue with the memory running properly w/ both Ryzen 2600x and Ryzen 1200; which is before you receive the 3600.

when you received Ryzen 3600, you installed the CPU w/BIOS v2406, and the issue started, had nothing to do with the BIOS version but the fact you installed a new CPU and it happened? It just still happens w/ v2704 n v0002.

So have you put back the 1200 with the v2406 or v2704 and test again after dual-channel fails w/ 3600? that's not clear to me.

From there, I see 2 possibilities, assuming you did put back 1200 and it gives you back the access to both channels.
1: Asus did f**k up the BIOS, 2: somehow your 3600 has bad memory controller? maybe bent pins or bad pins (something like that to cause that particular channel to **** up)

If putting 1200 does back gives you access to dual-channel, you can just sell the 1200+ Asus board and grab a new board from a different brand.
However, I will be more worry about the 3600 being bad and will have the same problem on different board.

maybe try PM Raja@Asus or SHAMINO directly to get their attention too.

andyliu wrote:
IMHO, you should have kept everything in the same thread instead of making a new one every single update w/o proper explanation in text.
and 3 URL isn't going to make them understand what you want, especially with new thread.

so if I follow your latest video correctly

up to version 2406: you had no issue with the memory running properly w/ both Ryzen 2600x and Ryzen 1200; which is before you receive the 3600.

when you received Ryzen 3600, you installed the CPU w/BIOS v2406, and the issue started, had nothing to do with the BIOS version but the fact you installed a new CPU and it happened? It just still happens w/ v2704 n v0002.

So have you put back the 1200 with the v2406 or v2704 and test again after dual-channel fails w/ 3600? that's not clear to me.

From there, I see 2 possibilities, assuming you did put back 1200 and it gives you back the access to both channels.
1: Asus did f**k up the BIOS, 2: somehow your 3600 has bad memory controller? maybe bent pins or bad pins (something like that to cause that particular channel to **** up)

If putting 1200 does back gives you access to dual-channel, you can just sell the 1200+ Asus board and grab a new board from a different brand.
However, I will be more worry about the 3600 being bad and will have the same problem on different board.

maybe try PM Raja@Asus or SHAMINO directly to get their attention too.

You were right!...thank you so much for pointing me in the right direction.

Richard_Dower
Level 9
I dont have a ryzen 1200 or 2600 to test now, I sold both.
So yes...next step is got get another 1200 and see if it boots in dual channel.

That will confirm it's a bios level issue and missing memory profiles in the ryzen 3000 micro code.